• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary Clutch stuck to Stub Shaft - Help!

Looks like my stub shaft moved...
20200327_163544.jpg
20200327_163622.jpg
20200327_163630.jpg

Looks like my stub shaft moved..

Yes it must have been rubbing on the heads of the stubshaft collar bolts.

I removed my primary clutch today and could not get it off with my puller I had to use the hydraulic grease method...it worked great as well.
I think my clutch slipped slightly on the stub shaft as both have some minor scarring.

Yes it must have been rubbing on the heads of the stubshaft collar bolts.

I removed my primary clutch today and could not get it off with my puller I had to use the hydraulic grease method...it worked great as well.
I think my clutch slipped slightly on the stub shaft as both have some minor scarring.
Funny there doesn't appear to be any signs of rubbing on the stub shaft bolts.

I wouldn’t run that primary
There is aluminum in the one bolt
I haven't blown a belt in 2 years. I normally disassemble the clutch on the machine to clean and inspect. I wanted to inspect the stub shaft bearing reason why I pulled the clutch. I've likely ran it this way for 2 winters.

You wouldn't run it? It just to say hit the bolts. There's alot of meat in that section of the primary.

I haven't blown a belt in 2 years. I normally disassemble the clutch on the machine to clean and inspect. I wanted to inspect the stub shaft bearing reason why I pulled the clutch. I've likely ran it this way for 2 winters.

You wouldn't run it? It just to say hit the bolts. There's alot of meat in that section of the primary.
It looks like your stubshaft has been pushed in some. Can buy used rx1,apex clutch e-bay $200-$250

Back