• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

REPAIRING SMALL RIPS IN THE SEAT?

jdp1under

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 RS VECTOR GT LTX STOCK FOR NOW!
HEY GUYS I KNOW SOME ONE HERE HAS BEEN THERE DONE THIS! I HAVE AN APEX SEAT IM GETTING READY TO CONVERT FOR MY RX1 AND THE SEAT HAS THREE SMALL TEARS ALL OF WHICH ARE ON THE PLASTIC UNDERSIDE AND NOT REALLY VISIBAL. I WANT TO SEE WHATS THE BEST WAY TO FIX THEM AND PREVENT THEM FROM EXPANDING OR BECOMING ANY BIGER.

THANKS BOYS REALLY APRECIATE THE HELP!

Attachments

• DSC00206 (Large).JPG
    DSC00206 (Large).JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00207 (Large).JPG
    DSC00207 (Large).JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00208 (Large).JPG
    DSC00208 (Large).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00209 (Large).JPG
    DSC00209 (Large).JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 133

My brothers 06 nytro had some rips in the area near the tank cover.The solution was to sew it back together with 15lbs test line,then spread some black RTV sealant over the treads.

I WAS THINKING SOME OF THE SAME THOUGHTS I WAS ALSO THING ABOUT THAT PRODUCT GOOP BECAUSE IT STAYS PLYABLE UNLIKE CRAZY GLUE. THAKS KEEPEM COMING......JDP

There is a new type of duct tape out called Gorilla that is much stronger and sticks way better than the regular stuff but I haven't tried it on a seat yet.

HEY SX WHATS WINDSHEILD URATHANE WHERE CAN I GET IT PARTS STORE? ALSO HOW DO YOU USE IT?

Shoo Goo

I use shoe goo (avail at menards) on the smaller ones. Seems to hold up pretty well. You have them in a tough spot there on the edges. Possibly unstaple and sew a patch of vinyl in?

I have used that VLP on boat seats. It takes a while to cure but works great and is clear and strong. I would do it in a warm place and flat where possible it sets up better and won't run down.

THANKS GUYS SOUND GREAT IM GOING TO SEE IF MY LOCAL ACE HARDWARE CARRYS IT THE WEB SAYS THEY DO!

You might want to consider a replacement seat cover. Your rips are in very difficult to repair locations. Anything you do will look crappy and not last.

WHAT DO YOU SUGEST FOR A SEAT COVER ANY OPTIONS OTHER THAN STOCK YOU WOULD RECOMEND.

THANKS JDP

I would go with the OEM. Then you know it would fit. Or, ...

Why not try a google search. I did and saw a whole seat on E-Bay. Or, ..

Why not make a post in TY's Classified for a Wanted to Buy for a whole new seat.

Boss Seats are sold out for this season. So you are out of luck there.

But, I would not waste any time or money trying to repair that cover that you have.

Back