• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement primary rollers bushings?

well after some lake racing this weekend my primary rollers are shot again. 2 of them I can't turn by hand. This will be the 3rd set for me.

This is nuts! seems to happen every time I do some top end runs.

oh and everything was put back to stock before the weekend, including the clutching.

Going the aftermarket route this time.

well after some lake racing this weekend my primary rollers are shot again. 2 of them I can't turn by hand. This will be the 3rd set for me.

This is nuts! seems to happen every time I do some top end runs.
oh and everything was put back to stock before the weekend, including the clutching.

Going the aftermarket route this time.

I have new rollers coming from TP. Im not gonna bother with the stock junk rollers that YAM seemed to give us. Get them here and be done with roller issues.

14.8mm you want. http://thunderproducts.com/product/thunder-shift-rollers-for-yamaha/

Dan
primary rollers.jpg

I talked to a member & was advised to just clean my primary rollers up. Their in good shape.

I talked to a member & was advised to just clean my primary rollers up. Their in good shape.
I check mine all the time Joe because I had a stuck one last year. I only replaced the one that was stuck and they are fine. I may replace mine in the future for after market ones but that won't be before they need to be replaced. I'm learning more and more with this sled. One of the biggest things I've learned is I need to stop spending money on stuff just because someone on TY says it's a good idea. I thought I learned years ago when I threw out boxes of good ideas but I guess I haven't. I already have a box started with my Winder!:mad::o|.

Would you believe after 2000 miles I still have the original secondary rollers on my sled and they look new? Oh and all three rollers are touching on my junk stock helix.:-o

I check mine all the time Joe because I had a stuck one last year. I only replaced the one that was stuck and they are fine. I may replace mine in the future for after market ones but that won't be before they need to be replaced. I'm learning more and more with this sled. One of the biggest things I've learned is I need to stop spending money on stuff just because someone on TY says it's a good idea. I thought I learned years ago when I threw out boxes of good ideas but I guess I haven't. I already have a box started with my Winder!:mad::o|.

Would you believe after 2000 miles I still have the original secondary rollers on my sled and they look new? Oh and all three rollers are touching on my junk stock helix.:-o
x2

Right on!!!

I'm flat out enjoying my sled. Love coming in here and learning what's going to cause me a headache and what's not.
A little lube on the bushing goes a long way. 1400+miles of smiles.
I've experienced a couple small hiccups. But no deal breakers.

Other product has riders running scared from stuck throttles. Oil usage is not what it used to be. Maybe thats the secret to 4stoke reliability. Dump gallon after gallon into her to keep her going strong. Lol! Oh well.

Happy trails Joe

Last year I had both my clutch’s apart cleaning rollers and pins etc and I noticed how small and thin the 14.8 roller was.
Personally I felt that roller won’t stand up to the weight we’re throwing at, at least not stand up like previous Yamaha’s.
So I changed them out and put the 16.5 rollers in and that to me is what a roller should be like. Well so far over 2200 km on the big rollers working great and no complaints on clutch shift.

Xtx Le 137
1.75” backcountry track
Stock gearing
Stock helix and stock spring wrapped 60 degrees
Ulmer’s primary clutch kit
Weights loaded to 83.9 gram by my scale
TD Powertrail flash and turboforce exhaust
Still original belt with just over 2600km

I check them after every ride to make sure they are rolling, but after this ride they wouldn't roll again! Many high speed runs over 120 gps on this ride, so I'm leaning towards the high speed thing causing this issue, but who knows.

Never lubed them with my other yammis, but I guess I will have to start.

My box is adding up as well XP123 with stuff I didn't need, but I really think this is an issue and I'm going to try something different

3000 miles of smiles on my sled;)

Stock rollers are fine with stock HP and stock secondary spring.....Mine took a quick dump when I went with too much backpressure.

You guys with stockers just keep eye on bushings it sounds like.

Dan

Right on!!!

I'm flat out enjoying my sled. Love coming in here and learning what's going to cause me a headache and what's not.
A little lube on the bushing goes a long way. 1400+miles of smiles.
I've experienced a couple small hiccups. But no deal breakers.

Other product has riders running scared from stuck throttles. Oil usage is not what it used to be. Maybe thats the secret to 4stoke reliability. Dump gallon after gallon into her to keep her going strong. Lol! Oh well.

Happy trails Joe

What "lube" is your go to on the bushings?

Thunder primary rollers only lasted me 350 miles and yes top speed runs seem to ware these out quickly !!

Back