• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing A arm bushings

Nitroya

Veteran
I will be replacing my front A arm bushings looking for any tips or problem areas. Sled as 14 000km.

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a step by step thread out there for this also? I just started mine and I'm sure there must be a few things I can avoid removing or cussing at. I have done a search but to really no avail. Thanks

My bushing kit will be here sat, so that's my weekend project. I was actually gonna just follow grizz's subframe removal guide and stop once the a arm bolts were accessible. Idk if that will help u or not

bushings

Thanks I had a look at them on Ronnies Fiche. Now that I know the upper nuts are weld mounted my fears have been pretty well put to rest. I read the rear lowers are the beotch but if I pull the tie rod rubber boots back they're right there. I guess the worst is pulling the bumper and the nose cone which isn't bad if I have to.
Thanks for the reply again!!

Re: bushings

canoehead said:
Thanks I had a look at them on Ronnies Fiche. Now that I know the upper nuts are weld mounted my fears have been pretty well put to rest. I read the rear lowers are the beotch but if I pull the tie rod rubber boots back they're right there. I guess the worst is pulling the bumper and the nose cone which isn't bad if I have to.

Yea the lower rears are a real pain but you can get them off without taking the boots off just need a long 12 point wrench to reach way in there.

Re: bushings

13NytroXTX said:
canoehead said:

Yea the lower rears are a real pain but you can get them off without taking the boots off just need a long 12 point wrench to reach way in there.
How do you put them back on?

You can drop the belly pan.. I had mine off from when I did the oil change and left it off to do the a-arm bushings..

I strongly recommend the Ulmer Racing bushings.. Amazing kit.

Back