• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing upper idler wheels

Scooter02

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Viper LTX LE
What is the best way to install the upper idler wheels in a 2007 Apex GT skid? I ended up buying a new shaft because I damaged the threads in the old one and don't feel like buying one again. Thanks for any suggestions.

If putting new wheels on the shaft use a deep well socket to press the one wheel on (hitting the socket with a hammer). Then install the shaft into the arm, now flip the skid on its side with the wheel you installed facing the table. Use the same socket and hammer to press the other wheel on.

Thread the bolt back in, with a dead blow hammer hit on bolt until the shaft is thru the wheel, and do the same on the other side. the suspension has to be out of the tunnel.

Thanks for the replies. That's the way that I had planned on installing the wheels back onto the shaft, but I was second guessing myself as I didn't want to wreck another shaft!

Back