• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

reverse linkage adjustment for 2011 venture

gkerf

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Venture RS 2up
When I put it in reverse it just grinds or slips. It's a manual shift/ linkage.
Is there a way to adjust the linkage? Or any other solutions?
Thanks!

hi guys i have my reverse poping out of gear so i want to check my adjusting rod...but how.did you access that area...did you remove the brake caliper to get to the adjustment...? cant fit my big claws in there lol thx

hi guys i have my reverse poping out of gear so i want to check my adjusting rod...but how.did you access that area...did you remove the brake caliper to get to the adjustment...? cant fit my big claws in there lol thx
You could remove the right side body panel. A shorter than normal 10mm wrench helps too.

thx. i might check that tomorow.

Finaly did it today as my lower back said it was ok for me to do the job . I removed side panel and unclip the liquid cool hose and moved it outta the way over the brake caliper without disconecting it. i was able to fit my 10mm key tool that came with the sled and loosen the nuts.

First try got it worst so i turn the adjustment the other way and voila ! Now it goes to reverse without grinding and it stays in reverse no matter what and mind you i wasnt on snow , i was on dirt and gravel with my snow tracker carbide .Meaning with that amount of ground resistance my gear would have pop out big time before ! hope it helps somebody else. Thx to the brains here !

Last edited:
Finaly did it today as my lower back said it was ok for me to do the job .

I hear you. I tweaked my back yesterday while working on my RS GT (head gasket). And of course, we're getting a major dump of snow today. :(

I hear you. I tweaked my back yesterday while working on my RS GT (head gasket). And of course, we're getting a major dump of snow today. :(
i feel the repercution today lol. there is 30cm of snow here today but its wet and heavy snow !...

Back