• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse not working on 2019 SRX

Mark Simon

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha Apex XTX
Having issue chasing no reverse on my 2019 SRX. Fuse and relays are good as is my reverse actuator. When hitting switch no code, beeper or R comes up on my dash. Do the switches ever go bad? Any help would be great! Thanks

Having issue chasing no reverse on my 2019 SRX. Fuse and relays are good as is my reverse actuator. When hitting switch no code, beeper or R comes up on my dash. Do the switches ever go bad? Any help would be great! Thanks
Open the switch module and check wiring connections to the gear shift button. Possibly moisture corrosion or bad terminal connection.

Did you test the reverse actuator installed or uninstalled? The problem could be right in the chaincase.
With the motor uninstalled you should be able to turn that gear back and forth by hand to engage or disengage reverse.

I know this goes without saying but you are pushing the reverse button in all the way? Sometimes I have pushed button(with gloves) and it goes in some but not fully IN on Older style revers switch. not sure what's on the 19?

Disregard you have the newer style switches on the 19.

Last edited:
Open the switch module and check wiring connections to the gear shift button. Possibly moisture corrosion or bad terminal connection.
To rule out electrical source issue to actuator, test for power (multimeter/test light) on the actuator yellow/orange leads(+) The supply voltage will switch from lead to lead as you depress the button.
Use the actuator housing as your ground(-) point when testing.
Good luck.
Cheers

The only voltage we get to the servo is when we shut it off it will cycle back with the servo pulled out. We took the switch apart see no signs of corrosion and actually would push the orange button itself under the cover with nothing.

Check top gear in chain case for play. Also belt position.

The only voltage we get to the servo is when we shut it off it will cycle back with the servo pulled out. We took the switch apart see no signs of corrosion and actually would push the orange button itself under the cover with nothing.
Can you check for continuity on the two wires from the button(orange) , it's a momentary switch, so continuity when depressed and open when not. The sled doesn't have to be running for this test. Report your findings.
Cheers

Is the upper reverse magnet in the case clean and free of debris? Not sure this would cause your issue but the magnet should be CLEANED when changing fluid and or opening up the case. Sounds like electrical though

Is the upper reverse magnet in the case clean and free of debris? Not sure this would cause your issue but the magnet should be CLEANED when changing fluid and or opening up the case. Sounds like electrical though
This condition would not cause a problem, as the magnet on the shift fork has a strong enough field not to interfere with the reverse sensor. Need to validate electrical components from the handlebar switch to the actuator.... This includes both relays and fuse inbetween these two components.
How did you validate actuator motor?
Cheers

Last edited:
Then you shouldn't own a sled.... 10K without a chaincase drop.... Really????
The drive axle magnets will attract 99% of magnetic precip...
Your going to be well liked here.. Thanks for supporting the site with a membership, and your expertise.

Your going to be well liked here.. Thanks for supporting the site with a membership, and your expertise.
So let me understand you, you're a better member because of your VIP status, and you taint this person's thread by your sarcasm...... Hmmmmm.... Please stay on topic and avoid the rabbit hole...
Cheers

Back