• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse

Tewstroke

Website
doctortew.com
Have many folks installed reverse on their Rx1 Mountains? I am thinking about having it installed as part of a new sled purchase. Is it quiet handy and how much weight does it add? Also, are there any reliability issues with a modified sled (turbo or s/c)? Thanks.

Put the reverse in,it adds 6-8 pounds ,but it's 6-8 pounds that you don't pick up any more,I've seen lots of turbos reversing out of the way or off the truck.

I had reverse added at the dealer before I took my sled home. First he said it was not available for the 03 Mtn but some arm twisting and it was added. They are simply too heavy to do without reverse.

No reverse for me. adds more moving componets to break and weight not needed. If it is too heavy to pick up and drag off the trailer what are you going to do when it gets stuck???

Reverse would be nice but I have never had it and I can do with out.

I don't have it but watching everyone else back up is getting old. I was a little concerned about durability with the turbo but that seems to be a non issue. Will be putting it on for next season. i think it's $700 for the kit and will install myself.

Would you go without reverse on your Truck?

I have reverse on all my sleds and would never think of buying a sled without it. Resale alone is worth the purchase, nevermind your back. Humping a 645 pound sled off a trailer doesn't make me want to jump out and help.

Seriously, think of the last time you saw an atv without reverse? Flipping a mountain around in deep snow cause you ran out of room, ain't fun. Save your belly surgeon some time and just do it.

akpdrplr said:
No reverse for me. adds more moving componets to break and weight not needed. If it is too heavy to pick up and drag off the trailer what are you going to do when it gets stuck???

Reverse would be nice but I have never had it and I can do with out.

The setup is the same when going forward , the gears for reverse sit idle unless engaged ............very nice design . Weight is negligible . Sure is nice to back out of the trailer rather than pull the other sleds out the front to get out .

Back