• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Review of new Nytro SkidPlate by Roest Racing

Looks good and 100% sure about engine protection but not sure about drilling 4x, 1/2'' holes into 2008 subframes ???
Tell me if i'm wrong...

fx10mtx said:
Looks good and 100% sure about engine protection but not sure about drilling 4x, 1/2'' holes into 2008 subframes ???
Tell me if i'm wrong...

I couldnt stand that idea!! so I drilled new holes and put two bolts up into the small 08 gussets then I put two more up at the very front into the bar where the nose plastic mounts I drilled all the way through and used nuts there. I am very happy with the skid plate just really didnt like the mounting.

I may have to come up with something as well I just ordered a plate and I'm having grizztracks extra bracing welded into my subframe. So that will cause a problem with the 09 mount point, and I am also not keen on drilling holes in the subframe to use the 2008 mount point.

I'll try to get pics of my mounting this week, I was just waiting till I got a chance to get new bolts and countersink the back two to make it look good. but all you should have to do is drill the normall location and it should hit your reinforcement plate. I just did not like not having the very tip bolted solid cause I rally mine daily and hit stuff often. so I added the two bolts on the tip as well.

rlcofmn said:
I'll try to get pics of my mounting this week, I was just waiting till I got a chance to get new bolts and countersink the back two to make it look good. but all you should have to do is drill the normall location and it should hit your reinforcement plate. I just did not like not having the very tip bolted solid cause I rally mine daily and hit stuff often. so I added the two bolts on the tip as well.

Yeah I can drill and hit the reinforcement however with the extra brace over top I won't be able to put a nut on top. But I can maybe put in a rivnut and make it work.

Ah gotcha, If you use rivnuts be sure to use steel ones the aluminum ones are weak.

rlcofmn said:
Ah gotcha, If you use rivnuts be sure to use steel ones the aluminum ones are weak.

ok thanks. will do

Here is was I did, I did not like the idea of drilling 4 1/2 holes in my week sub frame and dint have it plated and I also did not like the tip not being bolted solid in case of a stump/rock so this is what I did and I am very happy. Top notch product just a few little changes to make it perfect in my mind.
IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

I received the skid plate today and it is a nice machined quality piece, now just gotta mount it.

it is going on a 08 nytro RTX with a modified/reinforced subframe-- thanks for the pictures rlcofmn!

Back