• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ride Report on Curve XS with Vendor Input

Hondo, where did you get the skags, or does Curve have some on hand to buy along with the skis?
I looked in Shade Tree, but they didn't have a direct Stud Boy cross reference, so I suppose the C & A skag is the one?
thanks
Charlie

Hondo,

Those look like Stud Boy Shaper Bars. Am I correct? What size carbide are you running?

Thanks,
Shane

We offer a full selection of Stud Boy carbides and encourage all our customers to order a complete ski system, which includes choice of carbides.

We are currently revamping our website and will be adding a feature that helps select components based on machine, riding style... etc. Until then, Nick and I will certainly assist in the decision making process.

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Sump and Shane,

Yes, this is the hot ticket!!!! :Rockon:

This is what Sean and Nick recommended for my RS Venture last year and also my new GT this year.

They are Stud Boy Part number: CAP-S2198-75
C&A SHAPER Wearbar 7.5" (Carbide actually measures 7")

Sean and Nick have the runners in stock and can provide them for you. The guys provide great service. Living in Northern Maine, I'd rather have them ship me the complete set rather than search or hunt down what I need.

Also in the photo is a ski rubber for Yamaha sleds. This is also provided by Curve Industries. The rubber is slightly oversized and made of a harder rubber compound. The rubber has a built in shim that produces the right amount of rear bite. I would strongly suggest to get the complete system if you are going to buy the ski. When you mount the ski to the sled you will have to squeeze the rubber slighty to get the attach bolt through the bolt hole. It's not hard to do at all. Its just a matter of alignment.

Sean and Nick have completely thought through the operational dynamics that the ski goes through.

This is what makes Curves "the most accurate and predictable ski on the planet". (Sounds like a commercial, Nope just fact!)

As I've said before, this will be one of the best aftermarket investments one can ever make in the sport of snowmobiling! ;)!

Hope this helps! ;)! ;)! ;)!

Thanks Hondo. That is the carbide runner I got from Shaun when I got mine skiis. Just inquiring. Thanks for the information.

Shane

Curve Industries said:
Lou, you are all over it! That red is a nice match for the darker red that Yamaha uses. Our red loops are a bit brighter though.

You gents are on a roll with this thread! Don't mind me... I'm just going to wait for another ski on sled color scheme request.

NEWS OF THE DAY... We are in the premier issue of Snow Goer this year and apparently in parts of the US it has already hit the stands. Nick and I have yet to see the review so if any of you get a hold of it, let us know what it says!

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Sean,
Did you see the Snow Goer issue yet!

Hondo,

You are the man! Hope to see you this winter. it was great meeting you in Albany at the Yamaha show this past spring.

Shane

Thanks Shane,

It was a pleasure meeting you as well.

I'm sure our paths will cross again.

Hope you can make it to Northern Maine sometime. We'll ride around the block a time or two.

I am really looking forward to a relaxing, low stress, recreational winter!

All the old timers I have talked to say that this will be another year of record breaking snow.

Throw me in that briar patch!!! ;)!

Throw you in? I'm in there right behind you my friend! THE COUNTY....here I come! ;)!

Hi Dave,

I just weighed a Curve and a Precision ski on my wifes baking scale. Don't tell her... LOL...

Curve: Complete with ski rubber and all the hardware: 8.75 lbs

Precision: With a modified ground down ski rubber 8.00 lbs.

My mountains are in Fort Kent.

My stocks don't have ski loops or runners.

Don't know the answer regarding Bergstroms. I do know there are additional pre-drilled holes in the ski, so I am going to assume yes Bergstroms should fit nicely.

Send Sean at Curves Industries a PM for the correct answer. In addition, Sean may be able to tell you how Bergstroms perform.

I went with Sean and Nick's recommendation. They were spot on! ;)!

My brother is running Stud Boys on his Attak.

BTW the added few ounces Curves weigh, is built in quality.

Hope this helps! ;)!

Thanks for the info.You didnt have to weigh them lol but thanks ;)! I was just wondering as i am going to look at all aspects and do my research on my next purchase of any products, I have faith in the recomendations of my fellow sledders though.I am sure u woukld have tried the curves 1st and saved yourself the money and time with the others you have bought Winter is coming! I will check with sean and nick thanks again TTUS Dave

Lou, we finally got a few copies! Funny thing is, they weren't running our recommended Nytro carbide setup. We sent them 2 sets to try and from the photo and description, the ones we now swear by never got used. Makes you wonder if that 9.3 would have been a little higher....

As far as weight goes, our skis are the same as a C&A, give or take a few ounces. Sure, there are lighter skis out there but keep two things in mind:

- A ski that uses an aluminum spindle mount held on by the carbide will introduce flex where it cannot be controlled, place unnecessary stress on the host bar bolts and forfeit the ability to control deflection about the spindle bolt axis.

- Due to the compression molding process used by almost all manufacturers, ski weights may vary by as much as .5lb. The mold is not injected with a metered amount of polymer. Each ski void is hand filled with UHMW granules, heated and compressed. Think of it as forging, but for plastic. Like a finger print; no two skis are the same.

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Back