• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rider forward using stock seat

bjowett

Lifetime Member
I wanted to move the riding position on the Rage forward a bit, but was not interested in spending close to $500 to do it. Not that I mind spending money, but feel it is better spent elsewhere on the sled. Also ,the Nytro seat gives the height, but that little "nook" behind the tank for one's butt to tuck into is missing... same thing with adding foam. So why not move the whole seat up 2.5" and forward the same...? A little trimming, a few brackets.... whacha think? Bad pic, but you should get the idea.... Note the tape on the tunnel which marks the stock position.

P1010151_0.JPG

There are no pictures of the brackets, which are simple chunks of UHMPE, for now. They will get a redesign over the weekend... I'll get some pics of them up asap.

The only other uploaded pic is the trimmed tank cover.

P1010161_1.JPG

Here are the prototype "chunks", something more eloquent is sure to come of it, but I'd rather ride by weeks end than be in the garage. The stock mounting tabs are trimmed off as they will attempt to occupy the same space as the gastank. The blocks are bolted to the seat and move it up and forward... pretty simple.

P1010168_1.JPG

Have you put the handle bars on yet? as they will determin where you actually sit.

Some of the seat cover needed to be unstapled in order to sneak the bolts in. Since were on the subject of the seat cover, I'll mention the contour widthwise of the seat no longer aligns with the tanks cover and associated trim when pushed forward... . The front of the seat cover was removed and the polypropylene seat base was heated and reformed by hand... thermoformed plastic sure is neat stuff.... anyway, it tucks in quite well now.

The handlebars are moved forward about 4" already... ;)!

I would love to see some more pictures of the sled! If you can manage some better lightning it would be awsome :)

This mod could be even better than filling up with foam, in my opinion the 05 seat looks very sweet but it`s just to low.

Thats nice looken if u painted the tank black the part that goes with the corner of the seat and over to match it idk still one nice sled must say. bravo man.

I'm considering the black tank, or running a silver trim piece down from the tank cover to meet with the silver seat stipe. The reason for the latter would be to keep the angled flow of the shoud down into the carbon fiber Expert X support plate.

Nice Job!!! :pics:
What pipes do you have and other mods as well.
I'm picking up my 05 Rage tomorrow.

There are a few things I would like to do, Ski's( lots of off trail riding), boogey wheel upgrade, if I don't upgrade to a Possible M-10, or equal. Handle bar risers as I'm 6'-4".
Thanks for sharing. ;)!

Back