• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

right hand and thumb warmers quit

srx900

Expert
I have a 2010 Nytro RTX se The right hand warmer and the thumb warmer quit working today anyone with some thoughts. If its something simple I don't want to have to take it to dealer.

srx900 said:
I have a 2010 Nytro RTX se The right hand warmer and the thumb warmer quit working today anyone with some thoughts. If its something simple I don't want to have to take it to dealer.

Are you getting a code 81? and 83?

Re: no codes

srx900 said:
no, not getting any codes

Fuses good? Usually if there is a problem with them you will see a code 81, however i never saw a code last winter with my left side warmer not working, they both work now with a new set of grips.

Mine right handwarmer was dead too. I had to take to the dealer it was a bad element. They replaced it.

2011 yamaha xtx both handwarmers and thumbwarmer just went out first the handwarmers but now the thumb , no codes and fuses our fine.. any ideas?

I got this going on too. My right side quite, left is warm. I think the thumb was still working but never specifically checked it. (Hand was already numb from lack of grip warmer)

revster said:
I got this going on too. My right side quite, left is warm. I think the thumb was still working but never specifically checked it. (Hand was already numb from lack of grip warmer)

Happened to me today as well, right side went down, it has power and I got grip off and element looked fine. No sign off a burn and no codes. Tested it and only thing I can come up with is a hairline crack but expected to see a burn spot but nothing...

If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated, running RSI with blue and red and they were working 100%

Interesting. I also have a 2010 Nytro RTX SE, just got this past week, and the right side element had to be replaced under warranty after my first ride. To add- The dealership (Port Yamaha) fixed it in only a few hours. Was out all day today with a group of buds and it was perfect.

PortRX1 said:
Interesting. I also have a 2010 Nytro RTX SE, just got this past week, and the right side element had to be replaced under warranty after my first ride. To add- The dealership (Port Yamaha) fixed it in only a few hours. Was out all day today with a group of buds and it was perfect.

I have proper power to both sides, so it's the element but no signs that it is bad.

The right handwarmer went on my 2010 MTX SE yesterday. Left side was hot as hell, but the right was ice cold. They were working great earlier in the day, noticed it about 60 kms into the ride, and only a total of 750 kms on the sled. I'm going to check for continuity and go from there. Anyone know what reading I should get when I hook it up to a multimeter ? Ohms I assume ?

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
The right handwarmer went on my 2010 MTX SE yesterday. Left side was hot as hell, but the right was ice cold. They were working great earlier in the day, noticed it about 60 kms into the ride, and only a total of 750 kms on the sled. I'm going to check for continuity and go from there. Anyone know what reading I should get when I hook it up to a multimeter ? Ohms I assume ?

There are some electrical wizards on here that can help more but, the best way I found to test is to find the plug where the warmers are plugged in and compare the left to the right. The 09's where 6.5-7.0 Ohms, the RSI's I got where in the 7.00 OHMS range and around 3.5Ohms when the Red and blue where connected together. I'd say with the 2010 you will see Zero ( not working) or something in the 4.5-6 Ohms range.
If you have power at the plug you probably need an element..

Back