• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RIPSAW TRACK

glred

Veteran
Is there a fully clipped ripsaw available with the pre molded holes??

I would think fully clipped is the way to go, or am I wrong??

I'm just going to punch mine cause I don't plan on running extroverts.

The Ripsaws with the pre-molded holes only come in a every 3rd clip version. They do make a regular fully clipped Ripsaw. As far as fully clipped vs. every 3rd clipped goes the debate on that could go for many pages on here. I see so many opinions on this I don't even know what to make of it anymore. From my own experience riding on them the every 3rd seem to get better hyfax wear if you are riding in decent snow conditions. The key is decent snow conditions. Everyone has a story about hyfax sticking at one time or another but you always have to wonder would the same have happened if you were running the opposite set-up or does your buddy next to you who has the opposite set-up and doesn't have problems have his track as tight as yours or his suspension set-up the same? There are way to many variables. I have seen 02 Viper owners switch from the old fully clipped Yokos to Camo every 3rd clipped and double their hyfax life. If you are running studs or have a higher than average horsepower sled some have had issues with the track ratcheting under high loads on the every 3rd clipped. The only real way to fix that is a fully clipped track with extrovert drivers. I personally believe that for most consumers the every 3rd clipped tracks are fine.

Back