• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ripsaw track

quebec#1 said:
maim said:
i got 3500 miles on mine before it started loosing lugs. brother lost them spinning it and i think he hit a rock. got it repaired and bro has a full season on it now. where we ride there are a lot of rocks and debris too.
Its only normal for the lugs to start tearing off mine started at around the 4000 mile mark. As long as no major cords or rods are showing you are good to go !

the tips missing i did not care about. i rode it for a month last season with one of the grouser bars showing from a missing lug. got it repaired as is holding up so far but shorty has ahold of it again.

15,000. a couple of lugs broken, but none torn off. Will probably replace this spring with another fully clipped ripsaw

WOW I must be hard on stuff 6400 miles and my second one is going to hell in a hand basket. Once you start loosing picks it goes very fast. I am considering just 144 down the middle none on the side. They say the pre drilled tracks from tracks USA have extra cords for picks and a two year warranty if you use the holes provided to not have a tear threw

I got about 500miles before mine came apart.
If you do a lot of hight speed running on glare ice.The rip saws start to come apart.When they first introduce these on the yamis a lot of people had the same problem as me and it's only high speed running like I said.

pro116 said:
I got about 500miles before mine came apart.
If you do a lot of hight speed running on glare ice.The rip saws start to come apart.When they first introduce these on the yamis a lot of people had the same problem as me and it's only high speed running like I said.
Yup thats why the guy that had my sled had gotten 5000 miles out of it,with just 96 studs down the middle,i dont think this sled was run hard,like i run my stuff,well today it took my crossover tube out,and 7 studs in a row,the ice was hard under the fresh snow,and at the end of the lake where i was making a couple high speed runs 110 gps,there were snowmobile tracks crossing ,that i have a feeling took out my track,that and the fact that the track is very dry,it looked dry before it ripped,but now after inspection,you feel the cords and broke inside material,and it just feels extra dry,it had 5400 miles on it,so it was time,so now i get to install a 1" predator or hacksaw of my liking,and 144 1.175 studs,one thing if you run hard on alot of icy lakes and trails likee we now have and you understud,you can rip the track,much easier than if it hooks up,this thing was just spinning so much it was pitiful.

Almost 17000 on mine. Some lugs missing and cords showing at the base of the lugs, can not complain on that. No studs

FireStone said:
Next friday, I will run a Predator 136x15x1 1/4.
Better track than a RipShit

where did you get that, when, how many do they have left !!!
doc

Attachments

• 1350437921645_thumb[1].jpg
    1350437921645_thumb[1].jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 71

Back