• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rivian R1T, first modern electric pickup

I'm curious to see what the real world range is in cold weather. I usually don't tow very far nor tow very much weight. My Tundra is a bit overkill for what I need, but I would rather have too much than not enough! We do enjoy the CrewMax interior space for the wife and 3 kids. 1 is going off to college (I hope) next year so we will be down to 4 of us.

Paying $70,000 for a truck does seem outrageous. During non-COVID years, I drive about 18,00-20,000 miles a year. When you factor in the cost of gas at 15 mpg, after 6.5-7 years of ownership it becomes about even. If you take out an auto loan, you are just financing the cost differential of your fuel.

I typically keep my vehicles for 8-10 years so it might make sense given the United Republic of NY has all but banned the sale of gasoline vehicles in 2035.

Suggest you wait until all 3 a gone and then buy the truck... you'll have the money then. I won't be driving in 2035 and you shouldn't be driving .... you should be flying like the drones.

Suggest you wait until all 3 a gone and then buy the truck... you'll have the money then. I won't be driving in 2035 and you shouldn't be driving .... you should be flying like the drones.
Maybe I can get a job at that new Space Sprockets place opening up in 2030. I read it on the internet we are going to need billions of them.

Back