• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Road ride today in 3 Feet of snow :)

Trxster

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
No, not kidding. Rode on Baker today and cut trail back in to a meadow and we were riding in "snow over the hood, in your face" snow all day. No base to it yet but no damage. I tell ya, when I first put my turbo on this last spring I just wanted enough power to make it in that deep stuff where I would get stuck a lot (you know the little climbs with no start where you would normally get 1/2 way up and just trench). Ran at 8psi today and where I would normally get stuck just held her open and the track speed just kept me going. It was awesome. I am in love with my sled again. :)

Rt

All I can say is.............YOU SUCK! I am leaving right now to just drive up and check out Bachelor. Should have about 15" or so, but nothing like that! That's aweesome man! Good for you. Now I'm really jealous about your sled!

Aaron

sledding

Looks awesome Trxster glad to hear your liking boost. I went out today and was in like 3.5 feet of snow with some base in a couple of weeks ill be sledding up in the hills doing come climbing. I need to adjust my waste gate i was over boosting.

I can't believe you are riding already. I think Baker is only 5-6 hours form me. Only if I hadt the time.

Looks like we will have a total of 100" of new snow (about 80" base) by Wednesday morning in one week!!!! Wow!!!

Yes, I am looking forward to turning it up a bit but probably will keep her low around 12psi. I appreciated your pix snowy, I ended up getting rid of the blue screen I had over the IC as it was slightly warm while the screen was sitting there with snow all over it. Pullled the screen out and just let the snow pile up and it was much cooler. Also left all the other vents totally open to fill up with snow and it was never a problem. Like you said, i am sure it is running much cooler and is happier and I get to keep my hood on which I like. I also got a new larger K&N and put a 90' elbow on it like yours and it is amazing to hear how much air that thing sucks.

Hoping to play hooky and head up tomorrow (It has snowed 30" more since I was up Saturday in those pix!!!).

:moon: Rt

AaronBND said:
All I can say is.............YOU SUCK! I am leaving right now to just drive up and check out Bachelor. Should have about 15" or so, but nothing like that! That's aweesome man! Good for you. Now I'm really jealous about your sled!

I second the "YOU SUCK"!

We are getting quite a bit of your moisture here in the Sierra but the snow is staying up high so far.

Just got back from riding. About 30" of new snow and it was dumping up there the whole time we were up there. Everything did really well except my TORS kept kicking in for some strange reason. Anytime I would drop under 3000 rpm's it would engage and I'd have to let it drop down, screw with the cable on the housing and then it would do great. Probably did it about 15 times in an hour and a half. Frusterating! Not sure what's going on. I thought maybe I had my zip-ties to tight holding it to the steering column, but I cut all of them but one and it still did it. It's weird though, cause it pulls out of my housing pretty easy. Gonna check that little clip in there tomorrow. Overall though....it was a blast. I really liked the Maverick today!

Aaron

Aaron, don't you have a lefty...? The TORS will not work with lefty and doesn't like deep powder and ice anyway. Bypass it and put a tether on. Heading up for more tomorrow to an untouched area. We call it Dr. Baker sick Day:) :moon:

Rt

Back