• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode Tughill Today!

RXONE

Expert
Well guys me and some friends from TY.com rode Tughill today. BostonRX1 was up to the Syracuse area for Christmas.So we met in Adams and dropped at Montague. Then rode to Flatrock Inn and met up with BIG BLACK WARRIOR and a friend of his. Big Black Warrior knew the area pretty well so he tooks us all on a grand tour. I think we rode about 60 miles or so. Trails were pretty good early in the morning. But on the way back in the afternoon they were beat to crap. Atleast we got a good ride in. A Big thanks to BigBlackWarrior and his friend for showing us around. And thanks to BostonRX1 for coming along for the ride. My wife and I enjoyed your company very much.We should do it again soon. What a great bunch of guys! A pleasure to meet and ride with you all. Thanks Again! Here's a picture from our ride today!

How did those sleds run guys?? Glad to see you had good snow to ride on. Im going to the UP on Friday but the weather is not looking good... I might have to go to Min. instead(plan B) :lol:

Tughill Sat.

Sleds ran great ! But man the trails sucked later on that day :lol: Bare spots, moguls, snow was mealy, But all in all a good ride. And pleasure to meet up with BostonRX1,Big Black Warrior and Dave. Super nice guys! The weather here looks pretty grim right through New Year's. :( Man temps in the 30's, no major storms on the horizon. Is this gonna be one of those riding seasons that we just are'nt gonna get enough snow? Lets pray for the best. Oh Mighty Snow Gods! :lol:

Thanks a bunch RXONE for taking me out and spending the day. I had a great time. I also want to thank Big Black Warrior for showing us around. I think we rode between 60-70 miles. After all of those big moguls and having those Revs go by us like we were standing still, I am going to investigate a new skid. I got pounded. I have never seen trails this bumpy before. I now really appreciate the way the groomers keep the trails in New England. I look forward to meeting up with you again. One last thing, it was great to ride with other Yammi people. I have to listen to Cat people every weekend and put up with all of their crap, if you know what I mean.

We rode 68 miles according to my calculations. Dana, if you think it was rough on Saturday, then you should experience it when there is 5 feet of snow on the ground, and the mogals get 4 feet high. See you at the TY ride. Hopefully during mid-week the trails will be better.

I like to ride the "hill" but the only time I'll attempt it is in the middle of the week.That place gets pounded on the weekend especially early and late in the season.The groomers get out by mon and tues by wed it's beautiful!Sounds like you guys had a good time despite how rough it was.Try it up there during the week once there is snoww everywhere you wont be dissapointed its worth the drive/time off work!

I'm going up to Real Masse in St Zenon in Canada this Friday! Trails up there are awesome and temperatures are staying down below freezing! 8)
I was up there last weekend and rode 460 miles.
They groom everyday up there and the riding is MINT :wink: They have about 2+1/2 ft of snow up there now. If you have never tried it you will get hooked :shock:
So come on up!

Must have missed you guys somewhere...saw a silver warrior and black 03 with a non standard track at the Montague in around 12:30 or so..I had my blue one with my bud's Machz, and rode from cville to Redfield, up C5 to Montague, and back around..it's a 90 mile loop lapping the outside of the hill, with no side trips down the Gulf roads, or the railroad bed.There were plenty of mudholes on C5. First time on some bumps with the Ohlins rear...a few times we slowed below 30mph because of sweating so bad (face shields kept slamming down from the pounding) but mostly bashed em all 45mph and up..lapped the hill quickly. The proaction/Ohlins works well at higher speeds, and I made a 'trail' adjustment...pulled a round of wedge (too much NASCAR in the summer :D )out of the ski heel and one out of the springs, and it was perfect, but had a push in icy corners..flattened my carbides on Salmon river road...another bud was up there also later on, and complained about how rough it was..on his Fenomenal 7..It wasn't bad at all to me, but I've been riding there since 73, so I've seen a few bumps in my day. 8) Just a sore neck from the helmet on Sunday, but it felt like I lost 5 pounds of water!!!
This is at the intersection of C5 from Redfield, and the Salmon River Road...right is the Tug Hill Inn, and to Montague, and left is toward Lacona and the Pulaski trail system...nice when they have snow.

Sumpbuster

Hey man we where headed the other way..lol We went from Montague Inn to Flatrock to the Gorge,Railroad bed,Sportsmans and back to flatrock the headed back to Montague Inn loaded up and came home.Ya coming to our ride on Jan 28th Sump? Come on man lets ride!!!!!!!

I'm planning on it, but my son has type1 diabetes, and it's a day by day thing...so that's the best answer I can give. My one bud with that Mach will ride my other RX...he loves them and dissapears on the bumps...did it again Sat. afternoon down Plumber road.
Good thing you didn't go down c5, where we just came from...lots of mudholes. But we like mud...it's like riding around home..lol. I hate to get spoiled when we go up during the week and it's groomed...almost boring!
Favorite spot to unload is down in Barnveld, and then head to Salisbury, Stillwater, or towards Pulaski, when snow. We did a loop from Barnveld to Pulaski, to Montague, and around and it was about a 210 mile loop, twice, in two consecutive Saturdays two years ago. Clockwise and counterclockwise.. :D Bumps felt the same either way...LOL.

Sumpbuster, sorry to hear about your son, I'll keep him in my prayers :)

Back