• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roller secondary clutch

RX1Jim

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I am thinking of putting a roller on the secondary clutch of my 2003 RX-1. If you have put one on your RX1, please let me know of your opinion/experience with it. I am thinking of buying the roller from Pioneer Performance. Thanks!!

Roller Secondary

Son just bought a roller secondary for his 04 Warrior. Just wondering if there is any gains with the unit? or is it just smoother?

Have one and love it!

Myself and many people have had the stock one (Pre '06) break one or more of the button towers.

Therefore I didn't want to lose ride time again and replaced it with a Roller Rooster secondary.
It's smooth and it works! Hasn't broken yet! ;)!

If the roller secondary you are looking at doesn't replace the button towers, look elsewhere, the towers are the weak link.

Thanks guys for the info.. Where did you buy your roller secondary kits from? The only place I have found that offers them is Pioneer Performance. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!

You might want to PM yamadog1. He has several clutch setups and has compared them. I saw a roller secondary set on his immaculate bench.

Thanks guys, this is all good information. I appreciate all your responses. I am looking for more consistency in the shifting. The stock setup, at least mine, does not provide consistent backshifting.

A roller should increase/improve backshift over the stock setup. However, if you increase/improve backshift, there is a very high likelihood that you will also increase engine braking. That may not be a desirable side-effect.

Len Todd said:
A roller should increase/improve backshift over the stock setup. However, if you increase/improve backshift, there is a very high likelihood that you will also increase engine braking. That may not be a desirable side-effect.

That is where I believe they shine. I run my SX in tight twisty trails. The engine braking (I barely notice it) helps slow down for the next corner and stabbing the throttle on exit there is no wait for the clutch to catch up. Your gone.

Mad Powersports said:
Len Todd said:

That is where I believe they shine. I run my SX in tight twisty trails. The engine braking (I barely notice it) helps slow down for the next corner and stabbing the throttle on exit there is no wait for the clutch to catch up. Your gone.

I agree, not only that, but a good roller secondary eliminates the weak button towers, making it less likely to ruin a trip for you!

Know this from prior experience.

Back