• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

room for 9 tooth extros on xtx??

yammi4ever

VIP Member
looks pretty close what does everyone think is there room without modifying the rails? Also can I get by without putting in the rest of the clips on a turboed machine?

Thanks

If you THINK its close, you can rest assured the rails will hit when the suspension compresses and the front arm comes forward. My Rev had 2+ inches of clearance when standing alone, but when the front arm compressed it hit the rail tips. i had to go down to 9 tooth to make them work, and cut the rails.

Yeah, I think it is close, but haven't got a floor jack out to jack up on the front end of suspension yet. Looks like the way the arms are mounted that it can only go backwards, but not sure without running it through its range of motion.

If anyone gets theirs mounted I would love to see what you see.

Thanks

Like I said, I installed the 10 tooths on my Rev, and it was fine. I rode it for a mile or so in my fields and it was wonderful. Then the next day, I went for a ride. When i tried to cross a snowbank, the front arm compressed, and I damn near flew over the handlebars because it locked the track up immediately.

I bought the nine tooth also, I was hoping they would work to change the angle so my fyfaxes wouldn't wear so fast. I'm going to start work on this project in the next week or two. I hope it works but if I have to make a mod I will. Now how much are you taking off the rails. Thanks

You should take the springs out and swing the skid through the entire range of motion. On most skids the position of the rear arm and where coupling occurs has an effect on the arc the front of the rails make as the front arm swings.

Back