• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Room for Improvement.

PA_sledder

Just got back from a 600 mile ride in the UP with my new Rage and I am slightly disappointed.
I didn't have any of the problems that others listed on this site, no TORS, no ski-lift, no major clutch noise.
The problems that I did have are the following:
Ski Flotation; My boat anchor has more flotation. What can I do to improve flotation, so I can use that 136in track in deep snow ?
Tunnel Ice !!. I don't even want to look under my tunnel. The noise coming from my tunnel was unbelievable. It sounded like a rock crusher. That can't be good for anything underneath. I worried I was going to bust a sprocket of a jack-shaft when a few chunks went through. Not to mention the constant noise of ice rubbing on the track. Anyone else bothered by the tunnel ice?
On the positive side, I did love the engine. It had plenty of power and started easily at any temp.
It's a real downer buying a new sled and not getting that new sled high.

Put on a set of slp powder pro's or simmon's.Than you will have flotation.And they will track nice on the trail.Ryan

It sounds like the cold weather lately has been causing the large buildup of ice in the tunnel. I never had a problem til this past weekend.

impalapower said:
It sounds like the cold weather lately has been causing the large buildup of ice in the tunnel. I never had a problem til this past weekend.

Impalapower, I hope that's the case. It was cold this past weekend. The temp wasn't above zero the entire time we rode.

Before I ride I drop the rear on the ground a few times to loosen the ice in the tunnel. Then I put it on a stand and run it in reverse to get the ice out. I have not had any ice problems during a ride. I have had buildup of ice with other brands of sleds, just something you have to live with. The skis should be wider, next year I may go with the slp powder pro's.

Ice buildup may be caused by the ripsaw track and no heat exchangers inside tunnel.
through sled in reverse and it most often nocks out the ice chunks

PA_sledder said:
Ski Flotation; My boat anchor has more flotation. What can I do to improve flotation, so I can use that 136in track in deep snow ?
Simmons Flexi Skis. On a trip last year where there were about 12 of us going across a lake that had over 2 feet of powder, the sleds with Simmons skis stayed right on top of the snow while the other sleds didn't. It was amazing looking across at friend on his RX-1 without Simmons and seeing his skis under the snow while mine stayed right on top. I just cannot say enough good things about those skis.

I don't have the issue with ice on my Rage...I think it's because I installed the rear cooler...dosn't let ice build up back there...

Back