• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rpm engagement

Newfie viper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx turbo
I have a 2015 viper xtx with a 190 mcxpress turbo and a 2.25" track. My engagement is at 4000rpms and im finding it way too high when riding in powder.

I will be ordering a clutch kit in the next week or two. wondering what spring i can use for now to lower the engagement?

What spring is in Primary? There is a chart in tech section here. You can try to get lower preload and close to same rate. Wont affect your clutching hugely but give you lower engagement. Need to know the spring in there. Will be 3 colored paint marks if Yamaha.

Thanks. Its the stock spring in it. Never checked the colors yet.

Put a lot of weight at the heel lowers engagement and help grab the belt hard I got 14g at the heel with super tips and it engages just under 3000 I would have to look at the spring to see which one I got its a ulmer clutch kit

I'm running w-w-w with a 2mm shim, super tips 67g, 6-1 wrap and it engages @ 3700..

Haven't ordered an Ulmer kit yet, had most of the parts laying around and it seems to be working ok..

Anyone have a link to a spring chart? Cant seem to find one.

Back