• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS VECTOR trouble codes 84

Here is a list of trouble codes for Yammis (Genesis 120 engine):

15 - Throttle Position Sensor and Circuit problem
16 - Throttle Position Sensor stuck
21 - Coolant Temperature Sensor and Circuit
42 - Speed Sensor
46 - Power Source Voltage
80 - Grip Warmer Switch and Circuit
81 - Grip Warmer and Circuit
82 - Thumb Warmer Switch and Circuit
83 - Thumb Warmer and Circuit
84 - TORS System Activated(throttle override)
86 - Cold Engine Protection Activated

noflipside said:
How do you clear this code 84 or what is cause
Make sure you have a fully charged battery to start with... What year is your sled??? The 05 models had a notice out for an update for the tors problem... Also make sure the throttle is moving freely.. Check the adjustments for free play etc.. Good luck.. MM.

Thanks for the help. 07 Vector, had the same problem last year when I first started sled then it went away. Throttle o.k. I have read some post here about speed sensor, I am assuming they are talking about the speed pick up on the lower drive shaft. I had removed it to clean bearing etc.. would this effect TORS ? I will check voltage at battery, do you know what acceptable voltage would be to eliminate this as a TORS problem ?

I had this same problem on my 05 Vector ER during the first year. I had moved the throttle block down and tightened there. Moving the throttle block can screw up the T.O.R.S. setting on the handle bar. Don't move it. There was a recall of some sort on this problem and my dealer replaced the CDI box under warranty which lead to a throttle position sensor problem on my sled. He also replaced TPS. It has been trouble ever since. In your Owners Manual, "05 Vector"there is a temporary fix for this on page 9-1 You can leave this change permanently.

The T.O.R.S on my 06 Vector almost caused a very serious accident when it decided to act up. So disconnected it and never looked back, runs like a charm now.

Vectornut correction above. My sled has been trouble free since my dealer quickly fixed the code 84-T.O.R.S. problem. Yes, this problem can be very serious when your sled decides to shut down when crossing a very busy road.

Here are the TORS test and adjustment specs for my FX Nytro, the test process is the same but the gap spec may be different on the RS chassis. 90% of the time it's a throttle cable issue (too tight).

NytroTORSadjust.jpg

NytroTORStest.jpg

had this code last year, rode on a wet day the next day got the code found ice up by the pivot pin for the throttle. chipped the ice away and the code went away.

Back