• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture lower front skid shock

RS Venture 66

I removed the skid from my RS Venture to replace hyfax. Prior to re-installing I decided to grease all shafts & Bushings. I noticed on two bushings on the lower end of the front shock that grease was squirting out around the threads. it appears that a bead of welding is used on the bushing as a location to insert the grease fitting. Poor welding around threads of the grease fitting is the cause of the grease leak.

Has anyone noticed this?

1430 km - hyfax replaced
780 km - clutch shimmed

Excellant gas mileage - 21 mpg avg (imperial)

Picture of 2006 Viking

Attachments

• Viking 1.jpg
    Viking 1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 99

Greese is leaking out around all the fittings on my wifes Vector. I'm going to pull the skid and thread them or weld them this summer. I put JB weld around them to get me by till I can fix them.

I think this should be a warrenty issue. If grease is not getting arround the bushings, they will not last.

Attachments

• Viking 5.jpg
    Viking 5.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 87
I have the same problem on my Venture. 4 of the fittings in my rear skid are like this. The worst is the front shaft (top of shock). I told the dealer and what he said to do is loosen the track to take the pressure off. Not exactly the solution I was looking for. I will take the skid out this summer to fix this and change the hyfax.

Back