• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX SE MPH

I hit 98 mph, GPS verified. I think my speedo showed 103.

Attachments

• gps.JPG
    gps.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 55

3-4% speedo error on the nytros

woodydog said:
, I hit 102 on speedo and he said his said 105.

F7 Speedos are dead accurate,,,,,and Nytro are out about 5mph....so your really he has you by about 7mph on top end, witch is about right

Well I don't want to get into a pissing match here but, he was not 7mph faster than me. I've been snowmobiling for 35 years and know what happened. I've never purchased the fastest sled out or wanted the fastest sled out there, just reporting on how mine compared to three different sleds for top end.
Keep Ridin' and be safe!

Best i have seen on my 08 RTX is 93 mph.
But i have a 1.75" backcountry track wich will slow things down a bit.

Dano said:
Has anyone verified speed with GPS or radar on the nitro? Willing to bet none of you are getting into triple digits.

Dan
Last year saw 112 on speedo and I had 108 max speed on my GPS. This was on a lake that was plowed for radar runs. It was hard and flat and I only had approx 1500 ft of the plowed Ice to run on when I hit the snow @ the other end the speed went to 108 on the speedo. Mine has 96 studs and the rest is stock. Oh yeah it is a 2008 FX Nytro.

speed

I've only seen 96 on my speedo. Any input for more stock speed? I do have the front limit straps pulled up 2 holes from stock. It rails excellent in the trails, could I be losing speed by having my suspension pulled down 2 holes? Thanks

best I've seen is 99 on speedo and 96.2 on gps have 96 studs and curve skis the rest is bone stock oh and the dumbo ear hand gaurds if that slows it down anymore

Yeah iam not to happy with the top end of my SE with over 600 miles on it all I got was 95 on the speedo on a hard packed island pond Vt. It gets to 85 awsome but creaps to 95. very unhappy with the top end this sled should hit 105. Next time iam going to use my gps. You guys are saying the speedo is off 5-7 so I wasn't even doing 90 that's bull poop.

Back