• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX SE MPH

diesel kid said:
Yeah iam not to happy with the top end of my SE with over 600 miles on it all I got was 95 on the speedo on a hard packed island pond Vt. It gets to 85 awsome but creaps to 95. very unhappy with the top end this sled should hit 105. Next time iam going to use my gps. You guys are saying the speedo is off 5-7 so I wasn't even doing 90 that's bull poop.

Are you running your track loose? If so tighten it up. Trust me on this one.

J
dirkdiggler said:
diesel kid said:
Yeah iam not to happy with the top end of my SE with over 600 miles on it all I got was 95 on the speedo on a hard packed island pond Vt. It gets to 85 awsome but creaps to 95. very unhappy with the top end this sled should hit 105. Next time iam going to use my gps. You guys are saying the speedo is off 5-7 so I wasn't even doing 90 that's bull poop.

:jump:

Just curious why would this make a difference ?

diesel kid said:
J
dirkdiggler said:
diesel kid said:

:jump:

Just curious why would this make a difference ?

I lost like 10mph when i loosened my track. I tighten it back up an was back in the 106 range. Turk and Mike Knapp have both posted a tighter track will give you better MPH. It has to do with Parasitic loose I believe. The tighter it is he less it can balloon I believe. But Don't quote me this is a guess.

108 with xtx on a groomed rrbed today turning 8750 rpm,sled has 275 miles on it and i couldnt resist

I'm 6'1" 225. 08 rtx little over 1400miles. 100mph bang on, gps verified. Speedo read 165kpm which is a touch over 100mph

Ok just got off the lake, light snow -6c soft loose snow pack (slow conditions)

my XTX was hitting 99-100mph speedo (95.3 mph GPS) 4-5mph error

Same rider on an Apex GT 112 Speedo (99 mph GPS) 13mph error

and yes he has a very strong running GT has hit 122 on GPS.\\

so we are 3.7 mph differance on top end tonight

I was even with apex RTX out there but we didnt GPS him

on a drag race we were the same out of the hole, but his mid range was killing me and our top end were close he was just slowly pulling on top end.

My best top speed so far was 111mph speedo (106 MPH GPS)

So far my biggest fear coming from an Attak was missing Top end, so far I'm very happy cause my attak was slower than the GT I raced tonight...again very happy with the top end so far....

BTW I have 500miles on the sled and its stock other than 114 Studs

Daranello said:
Ok just got off the lake, light snow -6c soft loose snow pack (slow conditions)

my XTX was hitting 99-100mph speedo (95.3 mph GPS) 4-5mph error

Same rider on an Apex GT 112 Speedo (99 mph GPS) 13mph error

and yes he has a very strong running GT has hit 122 on GPS.\\

so we are less that 4 mph differance on top end tonight

I was even with apex RTX out there but we didnt GPS him

on a drag race we were the same out of the hole, but his mid range was killing me and our top end were close he was just slowly pulling on top end.

My best top speed so far was 111mph speedo (106 MPH GPS)

So far my biggest fear coming from an Attak was missing Top end, so far I'm very happy cause my attak was slower than the GT I raced tonight...again very happy with the top end so far....

BTW I have 500miles on the sled and its stock other than 114 Studs

Great report!!!

Back