• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX top speed and this...

The belt can and will hit the cover....likely on deceleration or when the sled is on the stand and running it.
The secondary isn't keeping up with the back shift in certain situations, perhaps when slamming on the brakes, etc.
I have rub marks under my belt cover too. Not a concern.

The belt can and will hit the cover....likely on deceleration or when the sled is on the stand and running it.
The secondary isn't keeping up with the back shift in certain situations, perhaps when slamming on the brakes, etc.
I have rub marks under my belt cover too. Not a concern.

Gaaaahhhh!! That makes total sense, thank you!

My 2006 rtx wasn't back shifting at all when I bought it this fall. The weights were were a little hard to move. The clutch buttons were also wore down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Don't bother changing the gearing. The biggest thing slowing the RTX model down is the rear skid, NOT the gearing.
Amen to that!
I run a 23 gear it made no difference to my top end. pc5, cut clutch, mod weights, mod air I have never gone past 103 on gps, however getting there is a blast. Only take one tooth off the speedo gear if you do it, 09's were more accurate than older models, got me to within a mile of gps for accuracy.
If you want to go faster, change the skid.

My 2007 RTX with stock clutching was definitely no slower than the mono sleds on top end, best I got was 116 on gps & 132 speedo (perfect conditions). The only thing I did change was went to a 24t gear on top.

See that's my problem, one friend has a 07 RTX and said his dreamo was reading 115, same conditions mine was reading 103. He has to be pulling more gear. Anyone try pink spring @ 3/3 before the white?

Last edited:
See that's my problem, one friend has a 07 RTX and said his dreamo was reading 115, same conditions mine was reading 103. He has to be pulling more gear. Anyone try pink spring @ 3/3 before the white?
I gained a couple mile per hr by gearing up to the 24 tooth but that was on ice road type conditions, on hard pack snow maybe 1 mph. Did you run side by side to your buddy by chance to see if your speedo is the same? Just wondering if your speedo gear has been shaved a tooth or two.

My 07 rtx would hit 190km on the dreamo. Tried for more a couple times and it would never go past 199. Only time I ever carried a gps I was trail riding and got 111 mph. If only I new how fast the speedo said at the same time...

I just looked at my GPS from my last run last year and had 114mph.
This year in early jan I saw 194kmh on the speedo, speedo is out 14kmh which works to 180kmh, convert it and it 113mph. Last weekend only saw 182kmh which is 168kmh turns to 105mph.
Spring conditions should be close to 120mph on GPS
Drag n flys, cold air intake, fuel controller, headers, 1" hacksaw 108 down the centre with 21/38 gearing! Goes like hell down low.

I just looked at my GPS from my last run last year and had 114mph.
This year in early jan I saw 194kmh on the speedo, speedo is out 14kmh which works to 180kmh, convert it and it 113mph. Last weekend only saw 182kmh which is 168kmh turns to 105mph.
Spring conditions should be close to 120mph on GPS
Drag n flys, cold air intake, fuel controller, headers, 1" hacksaw 108 down the centre with 21/38 gearing! Goes like hell down low.
Did you remove a speedo gear tooth by chance as all the older Apex speedos were out approx 15 & that was mph not kms.

Did you remove a speedo gear tooth by chance as all the older Apex speedos were out approx 15 & that was mph not kms.

Lol no I didnt remove a tooth. If they were out 15mph that would be 24kmh. I should be seeing well over 210 kmh if that were the case. I think you are mistaken. 15kmh out is more realistic

Lol no I didnt remove a tooth. If they were out 15mph that would be 24kmh. I should be seeing well over 210 kmh if that were the case. I think you are mistaken. 15kmh out is more realistic
Hahahaha, sorry to say but when I had my gps my speedo said 132mph & the gps said 116mph which was 16 mph difference. The faster you go the more out it is. 120 mph is about 105mp gps. I am pretty sure someone will chime in & verify how much those speedos are out.

My 2007 Attak speedo stock over indicated by 11% when compared to my GPS...123 mph on speedo was 110 on my GPS.
I removed 2 teeth off the speedo sensor gear which is 13% correction. Now when my speedo reads 100mph I am really going 103mph on GPS. Yesterday I had my speedo indicating 109mph which is actually 112 mph....that's pretty well it for my Attak's top end on hard pack snow.

Also I have passed quite of few sleds that were claiming 120mph when I was only indicting slightly over 100mph!
015.JPG

Back