• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 risers

Phazed Out

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1984 John Deere Sprintfire 340 L/C
1984 Phazer 480
1988 Phazer 480
2000 Phazer 500
2004 RX Warrior
2005 RS RAGE
2005 RX-1 ER Limited Edition
2007 Apex ER
Anybody know the maximum handlebar rise you can put on a Stock 2005 RX-1 without getting cable extensions?

I want to say less than 3" as I have a 3" riser on mine which was suppose to fit without new cables but there were times turning handlebars to the left activated the TORS. You also have to reroute the brake line for the 3" riser but at least you don't need a new cable. I ended up purchasing a throttle cable for an RX-1M since the cable is longer and now don't have to worry about the TORS.

Last edited:
And by rerouting the brake line, that basically entails removing the line from the retaining bracket (highlighted in yellow) near coolant reservoir so as to give it additional slack.

Capture.JPG

And by rerouting the brake line, that basically entails removing the line from the retaining bracket (highlighted in yellow) near coolant reservoir so as to give it additional slack.

View attachment 156789
Thanks for the help. Actually I was thinking only a 2”-3” riser. I was hoping I could get by with no modifications.

I just went out and measured my RX-1's risers and here mine is a 3" PowerMadd so updated my first post in the event someone searches this topic again but wanted to at least make you aware of my correction. I will say the TORS activation only happened a couple of times so maybe the stock throttle cable can be rerouted per-se to provide additional length.

I just went out and measured my RX-1's risers and here mine is a 3" PowerMadd so updated my first post in the event someone searches this topic again but wanted to at least make you aware of my correction. I will say the TORS activation only happened a couple of times so maybe the stock throttle cable can be rerouted per-se to provide additional length.
Thanks for measuring it. I will try for a 2”, and add some bar hooks. That should help. Much appreciation.

2" will go with no issues.

Re-visiting this topic now that I'm done cutting wood and i have some time to fiddle with the old girls again.

So a few stupid questions - if i add a straight block riser, do i need a pivot? I do want adjustment so i can trail ride and ditch ride, but won't the existing pivot/clamp system on my RX work with the block? Doesn't it just sit on top of the added straight riser block?

Also, i want to add bar hooks on all 3 of my delta box sleds. It sounds like nylon is the way to go since they aren't supposed to rob heat from the handwarmers.

Any recommendations on which type, brand, or who to purchase from (Risers and hooks)? Both my RX's and my RS are still completely stock.

Oh, and i forgot to ask - i think in an older thread someone had mentioned that '03 and '04 RX models had shorter cables and in '05 they made them longer. Is there any truth to this?

i could not tell you on an 04 as i did my brothers when he bought it and he went right to a 5" riser so i put all the 05 rx1 mountain cables on it. usually enough slack or re route the cables for +3".

Also, i want to add bar hooks on all 3 of my delta box sleds. It sounds like nylon is the way to go since they aren't supposed to rob heat from the handwarmers.

Any recommendations on which type, brand, or who to purchase from (Risers and hooks)? Both my RX's and my RS are still completely stock.

I have BJ Hookers on my RX-1:
BJHookers1.JPG
BJHookers2.JPG

On my 05 i used a 2 “ from powermadd. Part number 45419. No issues
I ordered the same PowerRiser yesterday. I was going to put it on my '04, but it has an Apex seat. I may need more rise, if so i'll get part#45583 and add a longer block. I'll then put the 45419 on my '05 which has the stock seat, which is higher than the '03-'04.

Back