• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 risers

I thought about that, I may do it on my ‘05. How hard are those to install?
It wasnt too bad. I used an air stapler to install their foam and cover on my stock seat pan. Its like riding a different machine. Foam is pretty dense and gives good support

It wasnt too bad. I used an air stapler to install their foam and cover on my stock seat pan. Its like riding a different machine. Foam is pretty dense and gives good support[
Does the powerRiser seem like enough rise with that seat?

Does the PowerRiser seem like enough height with that seat?

I think its just right. I am 5’11” seat puts your knees well below your hips. Got little over 5k miles on the seat/riser combo so far

I think its just right. I am 5’11” seat puts your knees well below your hips. Got little over 5k miles on the seat/riser combo so far
Good to know, I’m 5’10” and was a bit uncomfortable on the Warrior last season. The Rx-1 was fine with the higher seating but definitely needed hooks and risers. Cant wait til I get this stuff so I can put it on.

You definitely want a pivot riser! I made mistakes of just using the 2” block riser and it makes the bars come closer to you cause the stearin stem is wrong angle on the rx1.think they fixed angle on the 2006 apex?

You definitely want a pivot riser! I made mistakes of just using the 2” block riser and it makes the bars come closer to you cause the stearin stem is wrong angle on the rx1.think they fixed angle on the 2006 apex?
That’s why I got the powerRiser. I was looking at my sleds, and like you said, with a plate(flat) style riser, the bars come closer to you.
Did you drill out the end river on your handlebars to make the hooks fit? I just hope I don’t ruin the hand warmer element.

The hooks are for 7/8 steel bars so they fit right in just cut a hole for them at end , the heated part is only in middle of grips.I have aluminum bars on now though that I had to transfer everything over to, it was pretty easy but I had to drill out the aluminum ends to get them in and shave the hooks down,it sucked but worth it for new bars.

The hooks are for 7/8 steel bars so they fit right in just cut a hole for them at end , the heated part is only in middle of grips.I have aluminum bars on now though that I had to transfer everything over to, it was pretty easy but I had to drill out the aluminum ends to get them in and shave the hooks down,it sucked but worth it for new bars.
Okay, because I think all Stock bars for RX’s have the aluminum rivet at the end to keep the grips on and from spinning. I need to cut the end rubber away, and grind or drill out that end rivet, and probably shave down the end rubber flare. I’ll probably wrap ‘er all up in hockey stick tape when I’m done

That’s right you can pencil grind the rivet almost off leave a bit and rivet will still work,I basically got a really sharp knife and cut a hole keeps the grip stronger then just cutting the end off

That’s right you can pencil grind the rivet almost off leave a bit and rivet will still work,I basically got a really sharp knife and cut a hole keeps the grip stronger then just cutting the end off
Yep, that’s what I think I will do.
By the way, how did you retrofit your apex seat wire to your rx? Did you swap the whole seat harness, or just splice on new connectors, or something else?

I’m pretty sure it plugged right in ,but yeah if not ,it’s just 2 wires to splice/connect

Back