• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX Warrior Question

Coles55

Extreme
Hey guys, well I am thinking about making the switch over to a 4 stroke from my SXR 700. I found what I think is a good deal on a 2004 RX Warrior with under 1500 miles for just 3900. It looks like to be in great shape and has been reguraly maintained according to the guy, which he said he has recepts from. The reason why he is selling it is because his buddy works at a Yamaha dealer in MN and found him a good deal on an Apex. So my question for you guys is this a good deal?

Also since I am new to the whole 4 stroke world are there any known problems that this sled has encounterd?? I am looking to find out as much as possible before I drive 4 hours to buy this machine.

Let me know guys, thanks

Sounds like a fair price, but you gotta try and wiggle him some, its all in the`game. Go in and offer 3500. I rode mine stock for 200 miles and it was night and day better than a 2 stroke. First change was`skis, the stocker don't float they sink. LOL All in all a great sled that can be made better with time and money. Maxdlx

Yeah you can really make any sled better with time and money though. I am just looking for something that gets better mileage, more power, rides better, and handles better. Granted the SXR is a great sled for me but I need something that won't kill my back with 500 miles of riding in a weekend. Plus I need a 136, 121's don't cut it in the UP.

I love my '04 warrior! you will need the 13mm sway bar from pioneer performance or rich motorsports and it will stick to the trail. there are also several other updates you can do.
as far as the price, That doesn't seem to bad if it is in great shape but as stated earlier in the thread, try to get him down in price! i'd bet you can buy it for $3500.

I get 16.5 on average with mine, and thats not Granny trail ridding. LOl I may ride a ouch better with the adj shock, but it is still a pro action. It will way out power a sxr, hands down. Maxdlx

How dies the suspension compare to the monoshock? And what year did that come avail? I was thinking about if I were to buy this either do a Monoshock, M10, or an AD Boivin swap, or is it not worth it?

The warrior never had the mono. If you where some what satisfied with thPA in the 121 it will be way better in the 136 form. i switched to a Polaris prox, and love it. Maxdlx

Yeah I would probably keep the P/A in for a whilr, but I would love to run something different. Or I just wish Yammie would build a decent suspension.

i have the 05 war. going to 13mm swaybar this seasonand upgrading to curve skis. otherwise i liked mine in stock form. the 04 had the lower seat whitch i have changed to as i found it suits my riding style better.

i came from a sx500r and there is not much that corners and rides like a stock sxr. i have to admit though that the power is addicting. fuel milage is damn good too since my sxr was only getting 8mpg.

I can say I love the engine!
Serious power, and much less risk of the engine going BOOM everytime you ride!

Love my motor... lol

I just bought a 04 RX warrior not even a month ago. Not bad for my first sled. The motor is pretty much "Bullet Proof". As for the handling i'm not to certain about it, i just can't seem to get my suspension setup so i can get thhis 600lbs weapon to turn.

The most important adjustment I made to my sled for handling purposes is me. It doesn't turn and weave like my old two stroke. I made several adjustments that made a huge difference, but the biggest one is just to understand what it takes to make the sled turn and weave. When I did this, the sled got much faster!

Good to know guys! I am going to look at it tonight and depending on how it drives and whatnot I may have a new sled for this season.

warrior

this is second season with my warrior IT ROCKS has extended a arms big sway bar it was clutched movable sheave on secondary broke the buttons off bad design (hard braking and acceleration did it) need to get new helix took the skid out put a cat skid under it WOW what a difference its lighter too i can actualy pick it up with out pooping my pants or loosing a ball down my boot watch the bearings im sure your aware of that9jackshaft drive shaft

I put the wide front end kit on my '04 Warrior and raised the seat and put a pivot raised handlebars, and added a rear tunnel cooling loop . I love mine!

Back