• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sad Day

Deeppow16

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Arctic Cat M8000
2009 Yamaha Nytro MTX (Totaled)
2002 Polaris 600 XCSP (Sold)
1999 Ski-doo Formula 500 (Totaled)
Well it's a sad day, I have to put down my best bud, my loving Lab. I think he's the only one in my family that loves the winter as much as I do. He loved to chase me around the yard when I took the sled out. He also loved to go fishing we me. He loved jumping off docks and the water in general. Well R.I.P my friend.

Sad day for sure. Maybe he was meant to be Merle Haggard's friend in heaven.

Well it's a sad day, I have to put down my best bud, my loving Lab. I think he's the only one in my family that loves the winter as much as I do. He loved to chase me around the yard when I took the sled out. He also loved to go fishing we me. He loved jumping off docks and the water in general. Well R.I.P my friend.

Losing a pet can can sometimes be harder than losing a family member...

image.jpg

My Lab is 10 now but loves to make new friends... If you're feeling down and want some dog time just let me know... Its not a problem to swing on over... We are just down 81 a couple miles...

Losing a pet can can sometimes be harder than losing a family member...

View attachment 118137

My Lab is 10 now but loves to make new friends... If you're feeling down and want some dog time just let me know... Its not a problem to swing on over... We are just down 81 a couple miles...
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I remember when we got him, seems just like last week. Time goes by way to fast.

Been there twice now and have a yellow lab that's 11, hes fading fast too. Not a fun thing to do...

Sorry Bud I know it's the most hardest thing to do. I turned into a big baby when I had to make that decision and it still hurts today when I read stuff like your best friend. I can't have another dog anymore cause I don't want to go through that pain again. Be stronger than me and you will have a new best friend.

Sorry for your loss. Labs were always my favorite dog. Sincerest condolences.

SO sorry for your loss. I recently put my 15 year old German Shorthair down. My hunting partner & live-in partner since my divorce. I swear if it wasn't for her, I might not have made it. It's been 6 months & I STILL don't have any pictures of her out cuz it hurts too much. Just broke a tear so in your pups honer I'm going to put her picture up...time to start remembering the GOOD in life

I've buried so many pets in my lifetime and always say that's it, I'll never get another one, then I get another one. Why? Because they make me happy! They can't live forever and you know that going in. I always pause when I think in 15 to 20 years this pet too will die. Do I want to go through that again? My answer, not taken lightly, is yes! The ride, entertainment and friendship is worth it. Forgive them for the pain they give when they die because the life till then was more then enough reward. They are family and without them I'd be poorer! My Dog is 13 now, she is getting grey and you can tell she is slowing down a bit. But when I call her name, she cocks her her head listening for her favorite words Go For A RIDE! Then she turns into a ball of energy dancing and spinning circles! Its worth it, even if when they die a bit of you dies too!

Its been almost a week and I still tear it when I come back to this post. Its really weird when I come home and theirs no one greeting me at the door. It was a quite weekend that's for sure. I find myself looking over my shoulder to see if he's still laying there in his usual spots. The hardest part about this whole thing is he just turned 8 about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Im so very sorry for your loss , in 2011 I lost my best friend Bear .
He was 15 years 7 months old ,thats very old for a Pitbull we knew it was coming but your never really prepared for it .
Last Dec. 23rd I came back to my shop from Christmas shopping I found my Baby Girl Storm ( Bears last remaining daughter) passed on .
She was 13 years and 8 months old , we had no Idea that she could go at any time , she was so happy and playing , even with Kane my 2 year old Dogo Argentino , and she never payed with him , she tolerated him .
Its been very hard on us , we miss them everyday , but we talk about them to each other remembering the memories and telling others about them , it helps .
Spread the word on how your pup made you happy , it does help .

Back