• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sale numbers

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Sr Viper RTX LE
Does anyone know how Yamahas just picked up since introducing the Viper and now the Sidewinder? Are we still in the basement as far as sales go fourth place out of 4? I thought I read somewhere that the Viper substantially improved Yamaha sales I would imagine that The Sidewinder would even boosted further no pun intended LOL

Someone brought this up in a competitor's forum.

They said "their sales are Forth."

I said, "I'd take forth in sales to be first at the finish line."

Didn't go over so good. Lol!

Yamaha seems to view their Snowmobile segment as the bastard stepchild. Every 12yrs +/- they climb to the top. They just don't stay long.

They desperately need to hone in on their Snowmobile accessories.

I'm hoping for them, to realize their potential.

Last edited:
I honestly could care less. But this sport needs a shot of adrenaline to keep bringing in new riders.

Sidewinders are expensive. Many don't buy first year models. Most don't need/want 204hp. Some wait till 50th anniversary .

Sales may not be hot. But, to the market segment looking for something special from team blue, this is the first opportunity in 10 years. Another challenge is the closing of the U.S. operation. Sad.

I believe that next years' 50th will show us all the direction Yamaha is headed. If they come out with their own new sled, then they're staying. If it's BNG, well that may mean they've committed to letting AC build machines & Yamaha becomes a motor supplier. Yamaha is a business & a PROUD one at that. I've stated for years i don't believe they're in it to become #1, but to keep Yamaha guys BLUE for all their stuff. If this sled works well & lasts, then i don't care if it's 1/2 cat. If i have a lot of ''Cat problems'' then i won't buy it again. To answer the original question: the dealers told me they sold more than expected & most think that more will sell next year due to being 1st year sled. The big factors are 1) how good it works & lasts 2) how well that Doo works & lasts 3) how good is Yam's own new sled 4) ECONOMY.....my 2 cents

Sidewinders are expensive. Many don't buy first year models. Most don't need/want 204hp. Some wait till 50th anniversary .

Sales may not be hot. But, to the market segment looking for something special from team blue, this is the first opportunity in 10 years. Another challenge is the closing of the U.S. operation. Sad.

I'm one that doesn't need 204hp ! I'm hoping for something in that 140hp and lighter with something better than the single shot suspension. If nothing comes for the 50th that fits the bill then it's either a #*$&@ doo 900 Ace turbo ( if they put that motor in a sled ) or maybe try a new Polaris Axys. I will always have the Vector's for backup!

I honestly could care less. But this sport needs a shot of adrenaline to keep bringing in new riders.

17k sleds are not going to bring new people into the sport. Start at the bottom. Bring back a new enticer with fan cooled 4 stroke engines. Those that can afford sidewinders now likely started out on simple, fun little machines back in the day!

Back