• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Scratchers for 12 XTX

Attakdriver

Extreme
Just added a 12 Apex XTX - looking for opinions on adding scratchers- I'm thinking 15" cable type and bolting it to the skid- what has worked well for you?

Thanks-

i have the cable scratchers mounted on the 2012 apex xtx skid i have in my 11 apex xtx. as gf rides it more than i do, they are always deployed unless she hits a funny dip and one bounces back on the rail. she does not know to pick them up to reverse witch is why i went with the cable ones on that sled. still on the stock tips.

on my 16 i went with the running board mounted kimpex ones that need to be picked up when backing up.

both sets work fine.

i have the cable scratchers mounted on the 2012 apex xtx skid i have in my 11 apex xtx. as gf rides it more than i do, they are always deployed unless she hits a funny dip and one bounces back on the rail. she does not know to pick them up to reverse witch is why i went with the cable ones on that sled. still on the stock tips.

on my 16 i went with the running board mounted kimpex ones that need to be picked up when backing up.

both sets work fine.
Do you happen to have any pics of the one's on the rail? Thanks-

Here's how I did mine. Used an existing hole but had to slightly enlarge it to fit the thread size of the cable scratcher and then used a stainless steel eyelet as my retainer when not using them:
IcsScratcher.JPG
IcsScratcher2.JPG

i did the same thing as RobX-1. used an existing hole behind the forward most out side idlers and my set have an anti rotation hole that i had to drill. i did buy the storage eyes but never used them as i only put them up when loading to go to a ty ride.

I added the eyelets last year, as mine kept falling off the rail, and were actually wearing a gouge in the rail. The eyelets worked great.

I don't have mine deployed all the time, as they work, and fill the skid with snow which turns to ice, and soon I have 75lbs of extra weight on cooler days.

I two mounted the Duraflex brand which I like more. On the side rails in an existing hole. And added SS closed eye bolts to hold them. They are amazing scatchers. Never break or bend. In and out of the trailer or what ever. Many years and miles on them. Same for the wifes sled.

Use the BOP ski scratchers.

i put mine on the aarms and they bounced so much they beat the hell out of the bottom of sled (bad)
mounted on rails now but they will bounce on and of rails and wear the top of the rails also
the tips constantly fall off
i cut in half and made tips out of muffler clamps
i ride 5000 miles a year

Just added a 12 Apex XTX - looking for opinions on adding scratchers- I'm thinking 15" cable type and bolting it to the skid- what has worked well for you?

Thanks-
When I bought my 16 XTX they were mounted to the sway bar bolts. I removed them, don't need them for my riding style, and they are for sale.

I use the ones from Yamaha (I think they call them TRIC) and attached them to the sway bar arm holes using a bolt and nut with a hole drilled in the bolt right behind the nut and have a spring clip in that hole. This setup allows me to remove or attach the scratchers in just about two minutes with no tools.

I really like the look of those. Now I just need to source the materials to make a set. What is the coil from or did you buy these?
I have a set of SnowThrowers available if you’re interested. I make them, along with some other products. PM me so we don’t bog down this discussion.

Back