• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code SD 30 After I Rolled Right Side

Found them for 416 at yamaha plaza
Dealer was 520

Last edited:
What did you do to get rid of the code. We had both oil sensors changed. I tried with the flasher to erase it and no luck. Thanks
The flasher works very similar to an odb code reader used on vehicles. I connected to it with my phone, clicked menu, clicked faults, read faults, cleared faults and exited. Cycled key off then back on. Cycled the cluster all the way around and alarm code was gone.

I
The flasher works very similar to an odb code reader used on vehicles. I connected to it with my phone, clicked menu, clicked faults, read faults, cleared faults and exited. Cycled key off then back on. Cycled the cluster all the way around and alarm code was gone.
You are the man did what you said and code is gone. My friend will be up tomorrow or Friday to give it a good run and hopefully the code stays away. Thank you again.

Took the sled out this weekend and the sd-30 code is still gone. Have a new problem and its a code sd-67. Manual says oil sensor. The dealer changed them out 200 miles ago after the roll over. Is it possible a faulty sensor? We went about 3 miles and it showed the new code. I erased it and about 10 minutes later it came back. Needless to say its back in the garage. Knapp said if it erases good to go but since it came back obviously there is an issue. Not to make this a whole page but when the dealer had me put the stock map sensor and exhaust back on to see if we could get a new ecu for the sd-30 code. I noticed when i put the stock map sensor on the sled had 2 codes, one which was sd-30 and the other sd-67. Only the sd-67 was there with stock map sensor. Once i put the 4bar sensor back in the sd-67 was gone and only the sd-30 was there again. After idontknowjack gave me the info above the sd-30 is gone but now sd-67 is there. My thoughts are bad oil sensor anyone have any other ideas. I was also thinking maybe put the stock map sensor in and do a clear code with that to see if maybe I need that sensor in to do a clear code. Just trying to eliminate every option thanks for any input.

You must run the proper map sensor in the sled the tune is designed for. Don't change that out like that and run it or you'll have other issues.

You better check for oil pressure if its saying oil pressure sensor. Otherwise the oil pressure sensor is actually bad.

You must run the proper map sensor in the sled the tune is designed for. Don't change that out like that and run it or you'll have other issues.

You better check for oil pressure if its saying oil pressure sensor. Otherwise the oil pressure sensor is actually bad.
That’s what I’m thinking the dealer said they changed it and my father in law said they can be bad even though it was brand new. One thing to add no oil light comes on. And we put our finger over the tank for a second and it has good pressure. Thanks

Last edited:
Have another question maybe it’s a dumb one but need to know to help eliminate. If say when an oil change is done and one used an heavier oil weight would that make oil pressure high?

Took the sled out this weekend and the sd-30 code is still gone. Have a new problem and its a code sd-67. Manual says oil sensor. The dealer changed them out 200 miles ago after the roll over. Is it possible a faulty sensor? We went about 3 miles and it showed the new code. I erased it and about 10 minutes later it came back. Needless to say its back in the garage. Knapp said if it erases good to go but since it came back obviously there is an issue. Not to make this a whole page but when the dealer had me put the stock map sensor and exhaust back on to see if we could get a new ecu for the sd-30 code. I noticed when i put the stock map sensor on the sled had 2 codes, one which was sd-30 and the other sd-67. Only the sd-67 was there with stock map sensor. Once i put the 4bar sensor back in the sd-67 was gone and only the sd-30 was there again. After idontknowjack gave me the info above the sd-30 is gone but now sd-67 is there. My thoughts are bad oil sensor anyone have any other ideas. I was also thinking maybe put the stock map sensor in and do a clear code with that to see if maybe I need that sensor in to do a clear code. Just trying to eliminate every option thanks for any input.
Did you try or the dealer try an ecu from a different sled yet? If you had no oil pressure the cams would seize in about 10 seconds of idling.

Yes and no code. But I don’t think they ran it long enough because it took a good 15 minutes before it came back on. I let it run on the stand for 10 minutes prior to leaving the house also and I didn’t get the code.

Yesterday we put a new oil pressure switch, oil change, and still have the code sd-67. Checked for shorts and found nothing. Can the roll over stick open causing high pressure circuit? Somewhere its getting to much pressure. I put the hurricane communicator on my sled and read the oil pressure and mine said .1. My friends reads 178.1. These readings are with sled cold and off. The dealer said he changed out the oil sender i don't have any clue why they would read different unless hes got pressure building somewhere. Any more ideas. The sd-67 code says high pressure circuit.

Ok want to pass on the findings we discovered. Today we changed out the oil sender sensor again and code sd-67 is now gone. The dealer changed it out and it must of been faulty cause the code is gone and I now can erase it off the flasher and does not come back. We did everything possible and I realized the pressure with the sled off on the flasher reading high and that’s when we decided to change out the sender. So sd-67 is the sensor behind the primary facing the primary . It has the black plastic clip.

Had this happen a few years ago to a '17 TCat in our group. Figured it must be a trapped air bubble at sensor. Removed oil pressure sensor carefully and noted it burped when it hit last thread. Re-installed- all good and code gone. IDK.

Back