• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sd 26 code - 80mph limp mode

Had the machine at dealer to try to clear fault code.They tried to tell me that the code tripped due to my reflashed ECU.Bla Bla Bla. Then they concluded that it was a bad sensor and needed to order one.The machine was running fine after i reinstalled the clamp on the tube so i decided to just take it and ride it.At exactly ten miles the code cleared on its own and i have not seen it since.Thought i would share this for others.
Which clamp did you tighten

I tightened all of them as they were not tight,the one that blew off was the charge tube closest to the turbo.

I tightened all of them as they were not tight,the one that blew off was the charge tube closest to the turbo.

mine blew off today too!! and I thought I had checked them all...guess i missed that one. It also tripped a code 26 right after...mine cleared itself within a couple miles

mine blew off today too!! and I thought I had checked them all...guess i missed that one. It also tripped a code 26 right after...mine cleared itself within a couple miles

Do you happen to have a pic of which tube blew off? How is everyone getting at the clamps on tubes (throttle body tubes?) where the screw is on the bottom?

My sled threw a code 26 after riding in heavy snow dust for a day or so , melted it out , code gone , runs perfect now !

Do you happen to have a pic of which tube blew off? How is everyone getting at the clamps on tubes (throttle body tubes?) where the screw is on the bottom?
Any pics of where that tube is...thx in advance

Any pics of where that tube is...thx in advance
Left Kapaskasing, Ontario this morning. 1,000 miles on LTX-LE. Threw code sd-26 3 or 4 times. Each time it cleared itself after a couple more miles. The sled fell on its face near 60-70 mph during moderate acceleration while code was displayed. Seemed to run fine otherwise. The stumbles were very quick... just enough to slam knees into cowling and then sled took off like a raped ape as usual. Rode 270 miles today and problem only occurred between 5 and 10 miles out from hotel in the morning. Air temperature was about 13 below Celcius.

Left Kapaskasing, Ontario this morning. 1,000 miles on LTX-LE. Threw code sd-26 3 or 4 times. Each time it cleared itself after a couple more miles. The sled fell on its face near 60-70 mph during moderate acceleration while code was displayed. Seemed to run fine otherwise. The stumbles were very quick... just enough to slam knees into cowling and then sled took off like a raped ape as usual. Rode 270 miles today and problem only occurred between 5 and 10 miles out from hotel in the morning. Air temperature was about 13 below Celcius.
That's because you didn't sleep with your belt. !!!!!!

Have you seen the pic on the Facebook page? It's of the throttle body boot. It was pinched under the clamp from factory.

I checked mine tonight...and also the plumbing of the hoses...my air filter and bov lines were crossed

I had the SD 26 code about 4-5 times in first 350 . Tightened all hose clamps and ALSO replaced the clamp that comes of the turbo.. I used a WIDER one and cranked it down. This is the clamp that is coming off right side of turbo if you standing in front of sled looking towards back with hood off. Its a tight fit to get a new one in.. Have not gotten code for 1200 miles since doing the above

Some sidewinder in qc have problem when it's cold with relay who detect pressure from turbo .
The relay frozen and they have to put it in plastic bag, those relay are under the fuse and the problem it's on very cold day.

They said they have ice in the tubing from the relay.

They can run but have to go push the trottle slowly to not detect high boost pressure , both sled are stock
Where is this relay? Anyone have a picture of it?

Back