• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sheared Driveshaft on 2017 sidewinder

how are you installing the bearing tho? a .001 interference fit is still an interference fit, are you hammering it on? i just cant see how you can line it up with the pin and then hammer the crap out of it., maybe if you had a long rod and ran it through the other side and pulled it on, but lining up that tight tolerance pin must be quite the ordeal, especially if you mis align it.
the bearing is already pressed in to the brake housing and the pin in shaft was placed at 90 degrees (as viewed from caliper housing clock wise) we indexed the slotted inner race to 90 degrees and slowly drew this together with the 3 bolts,checking alignment with a inspection mirror.

the bearing is already pressed in to the brake housing and the pin in shaft was placed at 90 degrees (as viewed from caliper housing clock wise) we indexed the slotted inner race to 90 degrees and slowly drew this together with the 3 bolts,checking alignment with a inspection mirror.
Wow, I'm pretty sure I would come up with a few new swear words doing that. Good on you!

I bet if I bothered to calulate it (for old times sake) you could use liquid nitrogen to shrink it as well

That would need to be a press fit, right? Shaft being .0003 larger than the bearing I.D. is not sliding on.
How are you going to press the caliper on the shaft? Caliper with bearing is the last to go on.
I had my driveshaft spray welded to fix issue. Bearing presses onto shaft. 0008 interference fit. Problem solved.
Built tool to press onto track shaft (which is hollow). Threaded rod of tool goes through to chain case side. Start caliper housing w bearing onto shaft, then tighten nuts on threaded rod to press on. Works great.

Attachments

• track shaft repair1.1.jpg
    track shaft repair1.1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 146
  • track shaft repair2.1.jpg
    track shaft repair2.1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 144
  • track shaft repair3.1.jpg
    track shaft repair3.1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 153
  • track shaft repair4.1.jpg
    track shaft repair4.1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 140
  • track shaft repair5.1.jpg
    track shaft repair5.1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 149
  • track shaft repair6.1.jpg
    track shaft repair6.1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 140
  • track shaft repair7.1.jpg
    track shaft repair7.1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 144
I had my driveshaft spray welded to fix issue. Bearing presses onto shaft. 0008 interference fit. Problem solved.
Built tool to press onto track shaft (which is hollow). Threaded rod of tool goes through to chain case side. Start caliper housing w bearing onto shaft, then tighten nuts on threaded rod to press on. Works great.
How do you get the caliper off when servicing the bearing?

How do you get the caliper off when servicing the bearing?
Would have to make a puller that mounts to the 3 holes in the caliper house - heat it and pull it off the shaft.
Some guys have made them after green loctiting the bearing on the shaft.

MS

Would have to make a puller that mounts to the 3 holes in the caliper house - heat it and pull it off the shaft.
Some guys have made them after green loctiting the bearing on the shaft.

MS
Travis at BOP posted a template for a puller some time ago. Works great. Cat pn 0744-067 is pretty much same.

Attachments

• Caliper puller template R0.pdf
    1.9 KB · Views: 121

Back