• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shift fork

Todd Beenen

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 T-Cat
Is this how the shift fork rides on gear, the assembly came off when I took off cover, my dumb #*$&@ didn’t take out the gear that rides off solonoid , and pulled the top gear off, along with shift fork. And there was a washer on the inside of case. That goes on the middle gear correct?

Attachments

• 492041E6-C3AC-4B45-BBEC-81B9AB565C09.jpeg
    492041E6-C3AC-4B45-BBEC-81B9AB565C09.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 269
  • F5EE6882-A2C8-402C-BD84-78A452E8CCE1.jpeg
    F5EE6882-A2C8-402C-BD84-78A452E8CCE1.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 286

Yes - the washer is on the middle gear

Be sure to push the gear with the shift fork onto the back gear. They fit tight when reassembling. They will click together.
MS

Yes - the washer is on the middle gear

Be sure to push the gear with the shift fork onto the back gear. They fit tight when reassembling. They will click together.
MS
Ok. Thanks

DMC brass fork shoes. Must have or get! Do not wear or break like the plastic OEM will! When the plastic OEM fork pad breaks you will lose forward gear. It will go backwards only!!

8106603439 DAVE - Tell him JT Products sent you!

I don’t see any problems whit stock Torlon shift pad.
When the top gear starts to wobble because of worn bushing the Torlon shift pads are brittle and break in two and fall off shift fork. No more forward gear. It happens all the time! Happened to me the first year I had my 18 winder.

I don’t see any problems whit stock Torlon shift pad.
I don't think there is a issue with the torlon pads either!
The problem is having a worn top gear and causing them to pop or break off.
Upgrade the top bushing and inspect it annually.
The pads will not just fall off or brake off if the top gear bushing is snug on the shaft

Never had problem with pads , unless the owner let the bushing in the gear go really bad . There's multiple guys making upper gear bushings that will solve this problem.

Now something else to chew on, I’ve been using Scott Taylor gears & chain in my 14 turbo, and now on my t -cat, and 15w-40 synthetic diesel oil, with great results.

Never had problem with pads , unless the owner let the bushing in the gear go really bad . There's multiple guys making upper gear bushings that will solve this problem.
I don't have the long bushing that eliminates the circlip behind. I have a custom spacer to eliminate this circlip. it can be done whit a stack of oem washer also... free modifications:)
6CECA50B-C3F6-48B0-8A94-7CC8B48D94BB.png

I don't have the long bushing that eliminates the circlip behind. I have a custom spacer to eliminate this circlip. it can be done whit a stack of oem washer also... free modifications:)
View attachment 161525

Hey Bram just brainstorming after I seen your custom spacer...
I might machine one so the one side of bushing so it fits snug in the gear for more support for the bushing
20210503_113659.jpg

Back