• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder coolant bleeding process: How to inside

The one time I was really able to flog it, this is what happened to me! I was so far ahead I sat there almost 10 mins!
Well, there was a time last year when nature called and I had to leave the group to get back to the cabin ASAP.......... the problem was, it was about 30 miles back and I needed gas on the way. Well, needless to say I fueled up and got back to the cabin with time to watch some football after my ” time on the throne" before anybody in the group got back! To this day I still haven't figured out what they are doing back there in the pack. ?

Thanks kinger and everyone who posted on this thread. I just replaced the 1 3/4” hose on my ZR9000 and was having a bugger of a time bleeding the system. The info here made it easy. Thanks again.

I will say I just got bit by not bleeding the system the way I normally would. Cost me big $$. Get that front end off the ground as high as possible and run it with the cap off. Many times! You won't regret it.

Yes Thanks to all who have taken time to explain the extra time and steps needed to bleed this system.

Just a complete difference in operating these sleds once all air has been bleed from the cooling system!

Now I say, What overheating problem, What is this limp mode that others talk about. The difference is astonishing period!

Yes Thanks to all who have taken time to explain the extra time and steps needed to bleed this system.

Just a complete difference in operating these sleds once all air has been bleed from the cooling system!

Now I say, What overheating problem, What is this limp mode that others talk about. The difference is astonishing period!

Is this process the same on all Yamaha sleds or just the Sidewinders. I thought you always raised the back of the sled on the pure Yamaha's

Is this process the same on all Yamaha sleds or just the Sidewinders. I thought you always raised the back of the sled on the pure Yamaha's
No the front. The air gets trapped up in the tunnel. Get the nose up high unless you have a vacuum system to pump the coolant through. That would be the best bet.

The older all Yamaha sleds had a bleed screw on the back cooler or cross tube. They were easy to bleed!

The Sidewinder is a CAT Pro cross, with basically Yamaha motor and clutches, and I have never struggled to bleed a cooling system, other then this one! So yes to your question, it Is different then older all Yamaha models.

There is a 14mm bleed screw on the exhaust side above the roll over valve.

Back