• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder moutain tuning and clutching.

if your running stock tune should be no problem running up to 10000 feet with stock clutching...I did with mine and worked great 13 psi

Wonder if any mountain riders have messed with these higher tunes yet. I am curious on their reports and clutching.
I’m also curious I’m hoping to head out west and get Bens Ecotrail and possibly Powertrail maps setup for elevation compensation! It’s gonna be a fun year!

We just ordered mcx stage 3.cant wait!sidewinder turbo turns to heat pump with higer boost.will see how things goes.

That article is BS it says the stock turbo is maxed out at 220hp at 2000meters there shouldn’t be a problem running 250hp at elevation which would be roughly 17-18psi the only issue is the map sensor is to small for that.
So you say 17psi is max for Stock map sensor. At what elevation?

3EF887D4-5839-47A5-9014-0A3CB42545F8.jpeg
So you say 17psi is max for Stock map sensor. At what elevation?
I believe 16.8 is max on stock map sensor at sealevel I have a 3bar from TD now we will know more this winter with more extensive elevation testing but the key will be to keep the intercooler open with a different grill like the one I’m using it’s a cat grill wrapped in frogskin it kept the intercooler over 50percent open at all times.

7410058F-B57C-45D5-B7C0-4B3951FA5F41.png

If you look at this datalog the stock sensor reads 16.8psi and that is the most it will read while the TD sensor reads 17.6psi

Yes that speed is in mph with 10tooth 2.52 drivers so that equates to 137mph

2 Bar sensor = 218kpa max reading at sea Level. Thats about 22psi at 10000ft isnt it?

2 bar is roughly 29psi minus the 10ish atmospheric pressure at 10000ft it should read up to 19-20psi, at sealevel with 14psi atmospheric the factory sensor would be limited to 15-16psi that log was taken at sealevel which is y I believe the factory 2bar is maxed out. With more testing this winter we will know for sure where the stock sensor is maxed out at elevation compensation I’m not sure y the stock sensor wouldn’t be good to 250hp and after that a swap be required

Last edited:
Stock map sensor Reading is 218kpa. At sea Level thats about 17,1psi "boost pressure" at 10000ft max Reading will be 17,1+4,6=21,7psi. With a correct working flash it will self compensate to that Level, but it depends on a few other things to Reach that type of "boost levels"

Back