• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SideWinder New Motor

Do you have any details/pictures on the engine mounting - how it compares to the Viper, as that was too high IMO.

Same mounting locations as the Viper.
That is disappointing. I am surprised seeing as it is an all new motor that they didn't get it mounted lower like the 1100T is. The difference between the 1100T and Viper is noticeable, with the Viper on the losing end. I won't be the guy to pass final judgment until I ride one though.

That is disappointing. I am surprised seeing as it is an all new motor that they didn't get it mounted lower like the 1100T is. The difference between the 1100T and Viper is noticeable, with the Viper on the losing end. I won't be the guy to pass final judgment until I ride one though.
At least give the sled a ride and then make you decisions... speculation does not help anyone at this point.

At least give the sled a ride and then make you decisions... speculation does not help anyone at this point.
That's why I said, I won't pass final judgment until I ride it. Believe me, I want to like it!

That's why I said, I won't pass final judgment until I ride it. Believe me, I want to like it!

Right on!! I wish they would get a few sleds out for us to try in the real world before the Spring Deal.. that kind of really sucks.

Yamahas engine design doesn't allow it to be mounted lower unless you want to polish the exhaust manifold with the track.

Last edited:
The Viper has the same I believe just the 2015 we experienced it in Sudbury on the weekend, my buddy rolled his 2015 and the valve stuck closed oil light would not come off till we stuck a screwdriver in once the line was removed to free up the ball valve , then it could draw oil and sled stayed running. So there is a recall on the 2015 Viper to fix this issue at your dealer. I know this is a viper issue on Sidewinder forum but it's related to the rollover valve lol.

There is plenty of room under the exhaust down to the secondary shaft and from the shaft to the tunnel.
It would be easy to lower the Engine, but then you would need a pretty long belt and lowering the secondary shaft would make the secondary clutch hit the brake caliper.

20130402010105290.jpg

Yamahas engine design doesn't allow it to be mounted lower unless you want to polish the exhaust manifold with the track.

There is plenty of room under the exhaust down to the secondary shaft and from the shaft to the tunnel.
It would be easy to lower the Engine, but then you would need a pretty long belt and lowering the secondary shaft would make the secondary clutch hit the brake caliper.

Is the engine tilted back towards the center of the sled, more than on the viper ?
This would help the balance , and take some weight off the skis .

20130402010105290.jpg

20130402010105290.jpg

Thanks
A picture is defiantly worth a thousand words. Seeing it that way they should have been able to at least drop it enough to keep centre to centre far enough to run 8DN.

Ten bucks says the old 1100Turbo has a higher CG. Just look at that old engine its HUGE. If the Head is even a inch higher than the Viper/Sidewinder and I believe the Suzuki at head is higher then the Yamaha has lower CG. Sure feels like it anyway. Balance of Viper is about perfect. 1100T feels very front heavy also every time I rode one

Mr Sled, do you think the roll over valve may be backward compatible with older sleds?

Ten bucks says the old 1100Turbo has a higher CG. Just look at that old engine its HUGE. If the Head is even a inch higher than the Viper/Sidewinder and I believe the Suzuki at head is higher then the Yamaha has lower CG. Sure feels like it anyway. Balance of Viper is about perfect. 1100T feels very front heavy also every time I rode one
and I hear that the new is engine is way lighter than the 1100 T. so cog is secondary . I believe .

Thanks
A picture is defiantly worth a thousand words. Seeing it that way they should have been able to at least drop it enough to keep centre to centre far enough to run 8DN.
does anyone have a pic of the Viper engine placement to compare

Back