• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Silverstar light bulbs

nydiver has it spot on, i have 35w 5k on my sled, i run 6K on my truck. for snow the 5 still has some blue in it (i think a little blue looks "clean") but shines great. i would not go over the 5k mark on a sled as it will diminish the "brightness" if you go 55w it would be ok to get a darker bulb but it would look the same as a 35w lower kelvin kit. EX(35w 6k and 55w 8k will look almost the same in my experience)

I ordered the same set up as explained above and all you will have to do is mount 2 ballasts(i used air box bolts), 2 grounds (again air box bolts), 1 12V battery, plug the kit into 1 (ONE) of the stock light plugs, and if ordered hang the relay somewhere (highly recommended).

Like Nydiver said. I went with the 4300K and 35W and can see all i need to. They are plenty bright for night time trail riding. Just remember they take several weeks to receive.

Yeah, the rock kit I plan to bolt to the inside edges of the plastic radiator support, a glance made it look like that would keep them right out of the way and make the wiring to each sides respective bulb easy to route. I'm taking the headlight frame and assembly completely out for ease also, so all that will be shown in the install video.

the 55W in my opinion isn't like "holy crap 50% brighter", rather it adds warmth of light close, wider and longer light pattern, it just pushes more light penetration. Factory car HID's are 4.3 or 4.5k, if you like the blue look and don't care that you've lowered the light power then 6k or 8k is what you do, above 8k is stupid and is so toward Violet that its actually is worse than a normal headlight. 4.5 or 5k is again a great place to be in the white snow environment, it has the best compromise of all the factors.

Lets face it, to have a full blown kit for 75 bucks is awesome. The only thing better perhaps is to do projectors and that takes it into a whole other level of trouble with having to take the headlight apart (not hard, but actually baking your headlight @ 400F might turn some peoples stomachs)

I put the Silverstars in right after I bought the sled in 2010 and have had them in since. Haven't burnt out and are brighter then the stock.

I ordered the ballast mounts from ddm, they were a couple bucks or so and I mounted mine right to the bottom air box bolts. 4300k and mine look like this. If you look close you can see a ballast mount on the right (looking at sled)
image.jpeg

So I finished the HID light kit install video. Might not be the best thing in the world, but it gets the point across.

Back