• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons Review.....Just put them on!

I have one Question 4 U;

DID U line up your Simmons Flexi Ski's Parallel 2 each other [straight], or did you leave them with a toe out?

As they R Suppose 2 B Set Parallel.

BTW..........I lifted the front end up off the ground and loosened the Spring Nut till there was zero load and reset it.......1 TURN is where it worked the best 4 me. This & the Transfer Rod adjustment made ZERO Darting on my 04 Warrior. This will help U with that last bit of Darting.....Try it ;)!

Racy2 said:
Slow down, I think some of the people that want to race on trails should go else where. To many close calls on the trails with people going to fast and out of control, wrong side of the trail around turns and no experince. Just my 2cts.

How does your responce relate to Simmons skis? While I agree with your statement it does not seem to fit ar add to the post. Maybe start a thread about that issue if you wish. zeeeech, some peoples kids.

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
I have one Question 4 U;

DID U line up your Simmons Flexi Ski's Parallel 2 each other [straight], or did you leave them with a toe out?

BTW..........I lifted the front end up off the ground and loosened the Spring Nut till there was zero load and reset it.......1 TURN is where it worked the best 4 me. This & the Transfer Rod adjustment made ZERO Darting on my 04 Warrior. This will help U with that last bit of Darting.....Try it ;)!

I have about 1/8" toe out. I really don't believe this can be the problem. As for the shims, I feel this may be my last resort, but didn't someone here say all it did was bulge the rubber out?
As for the front spring shock, it is almost at top (maybe an inch) now.

I like the simmons skis. I have not felt any push yet (only few miles and low snow conditions). I have them and older(3yr old) C&A Pro's, they are both MUCH better than stock.

Attachments

• skis.jpg
    skis.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 57
I love people who throw in a comment but yet have no experience with whatever they're commenting on :o|

That said, I originally put Simmons skis on my 02 Viper ER because of better flotation.........1.5" track and used extensively off-trail. I liked them so much that when I had a chance to buy another pair really resonable, I jumped on them and put them on my RX-1. Maybe I don't ride quite as hard as some but I have no issues at all with them. Totally contented with them.

Last year, when switching sleds with apex_yooper (03 to 03.......identical LE's), his comment was "How come yours steers like it has power steering?"

My $.02
:Rockon:

zedosix said:
BOUNTYHUNTER said:
I have one Question 4 U;

I have about 1/8" toe out. I really don't believe this can be the problem. As for the shims, I feel this may be my last resort, but didn't someone here say all it did was bulge the rubber out?
As for the front spring shock, it is almost at top (maybe an inch) now.

Believe it or not, that IS your problem. Simmons will dart if they aren't exactly zero toe. I'd check taht before you do anything else. You shouldn't have to shim them. If that doesn't cure all of it, reduce the front ski pressure.

I love my Simmons but there is a little too much steering effort when my wife takes her turn. What is the best way to reduce the effort? Let the limiter strap out one notch and reduce front shock spring pressure?

I put shims on the sled last week, also aligned my skis with 0 toe out. No darting at all now. I can let off the gas from speed on hard pack and it stops straight, no pulling at all. Easy fix.

Back