• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski-Doo gerry can mount

Rufer19

Hey guys, sorry to start a new thread on this but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have a Ski-Doo gerry can and mount from a Rev-XP. I have seen a few fella's mount these cans on the back of their sleds but most guys put these right behind the seats because they have undertunnel dump exhaust. I just bought a 2010 153 SE, and haven't decided what to do for exhaust yet so I'm not ready to go there. But what I was thinking was placing the can right above the tail light and build some spacers so it wouldn't rub on the housing? Has anybody done this? Does anyone have some pictures they could show of there set up even if it is not Ski-Doo? Thanks a bunch guys!

Yeah, mine did too but on the instructions it told me to cut the spacer edge off for some reason. I had it on the short track so maybe that had something to do with it. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to make a set of aluminum spacers and just use a set of longer bolts though.

swelly said:
Get a trail tank from Seth. First class service, fit and product. Worth the money and do not have the extra weight in the back. Your 2 stroke buddies will be eyeballing the extra fuel in the tank at 100 mile mark. Note to self, next time do not buy the clear tank, get the black one.
http://www.trailtank.net/

What's wrong with the clear one?

swelly said:
There is nothing wrong with the clear one, except your buddies will see how much fuel you have left. Then they want to mooch instead of pack their own. I should have clarified that.

Oh alright. Looking forward to putting on my Backcountry track tomorrow! Slydogs should be in on Tuesday! :Rockon:

I was looking at eh same thing on my 153 se, I dont think there is enough tunnel support to carry the weight of the can. there is really nothing past the drop down brackets.

Just my thoughts,

jerry

if you remove the stock exhaust, the doo plastic bracket fits on the first stud of the 2 stuff pair that holds seat riser/exhaust cover to the tunnel. it is the perfect width too. was nice to have some sort of alignment putting the thing on. havent taken pics yet, as a stupid exhaust clamp is holding up the whole project 3 diff ones, all to damm big!

This is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2727.jpg
    IMG_2727.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2726.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 124
They have a can like that above mounted on a rack on an supercharged xtx at the dealership. But they have just a aftermarket exhaust that sticks out a bit farther from under the seat just pointing over the tank a bit.

Back