• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski-doo vs Yammi

it aint the turbo thats the cat of reckoning...
the one to watch at old forge is the crossfire 1000r !

Well the xp wasn't around when my attak was stock but the rev 800 was no match neither was the 1000 in a drag but on the gun the mach was faster but now with a bit of boost everything else seems underpowered
:yam:

blueshadow, you say that ski-doo is much lighter then the apex, well the 07 800 renegade when wet weighs 600lbs and the Apex rtx weighs in at 643lbs. That's only a 43lb difference. And the throttle response and torque make well up for that! So if the riders swtiched sleds the weight wouldn't matter.. lol cause im 40 lbs heavier then him.. lol so weight is irrelevant!
http://www.maxsled.com/absolutenm/templ ... 0&zoneid=3

vote4pedros said:
blueshadow, you say that ski-doo is much lighter then the apex, well the 07 800 renegade when wet weighs 600lbs and the Apex rtx weighs in at 643lbs. That's only a 43lb difference. And the throttle response and torque make well up for that! So if the riders swtiched sleds the weight wouldn't matter.. lol cause im 40 lbs heavier then him.. lol so weight is irrelevant!
http://www.maxsled.com/absolutenm/templ ... 0&zoneid=3
you need to compare the right two sleds apex rtx 121 is 643 and a 07 800 121 is 574 that a defence of 69 pounds but the apex dose have a lot more tq and about 10-13 hp more so the 69 pounds is not that big off a deal

The summit rev xp is 439 lbs and the apex mtn is 597 lbs that is 158 lbs of more weight .Now you do the math.Light weight is every thing in my book .Even at 10 hp more there is no way no how you can compare them both .Like I said ,a turbo is the way to go on the yamahas were weight is the factor.Out of the box stock for stock ski doo has the # spot for there weight. The people that are winning has a lot more done then they are saying.

This thread was about comparing an 07 (not 08) mxzx renegade(renegade equals long track) and a 06 yamaha RTX. So that's the comparison. Not an XP. Sorry bud.

I don't own either, but what I have learned and witnessed on the big lake (hardpack snow) the downside to the 121" Apex is traction. The Attak/LTX out of the box just plain hooks up better , is geared a bit lower and does better than the Apex stock for stock. I have heard of some guys that have installed the 121" Cobra track on an Apex and geared them to the Attak/LTX specs and have made huge gains. As for the 2007 Rev, the Apex should be able to handle that on top. The XP 800 can be a different story if dialed in though.

Blue shadow said:
The summit rev xp is 439 lbs and the apex mtn is 597 lbs that is 158 lbs of more weight .Now you do the math.Light weight is every thing in my book .Even at 10 hp more there is no way no how you can compare them both .Like I said ,a turbo is the way to go on the yamahas were weight is the factor.Out of the box stock for stock ski doo has the # spot for there weight. The people that are winning has a lot more done then they are saying.

doo's number's are misleading...your 439 is not a wet weight ..and the apex is I believe..
as to everyone statement of 10 or whatever horsepower...here's the real deal..
the two stroke of equal or greater horsepower have a much narrower torque band...and the apex has a wide thick torque band in comparison..
it's torque that hauls the mail..
now I imagine in the mountains...it's weight that's most important...with good power..
but in a race...best hookup...clutching to the broadest torqueband that seems the get the flag..

SJ, I believe the Mountain Apex is close to that weight. Yes, I do agree with Blueshadow, unless you are running Boost, then the REV would be my pick.

Oh I'm not disagreeing on the Mtn's weight...I just believe the number doo gives is misleading as it is dry weight....no oil and coolant I believe.....and I havent seen a dry sled run yet...
if I was boondocking...I'd want that 100+ - off my sled as well..I thought the topic was trail sled to trail sled..?

Back