• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ski lift when turning question

cannondale27 said:
Its tough to do it right but if you can get corner speed right before the corner then use steady throttle through the corner it helps also.Giving it gas or letting off in the corner really upsets chassis and it wont corner flat.

That is exactly my problem, it just doesn't want to take the corner good.

Thanks for the input ;)!

snofreak500 said:
i have found with my Gytr clickers that the compression on the skis is key to my lift higher compression/ higher downforce on skis gives me less lift but as long as its manageable lift i wouldn't be scared of it you wont roll its the sway bar and your shock compressing causing the other to attempt to follow suit. as long as its not crazy lift your okay

Well most of the time it's not real bad but there have been a few times when I thought I was going to crash because of it.

Just corner like this :)

Ski comes up just lean and pin it!

Attachments

• grandcitiephazer.jpg
    grandcitiephazer.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 69
  • img_2166_std.jpg
    img_2166_std.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 66
snofreak500 said:
If you really want some help with ski lift aside from adjusting like some money to make your sled handle better and not lift so much go with the Schmidtbros Sway Bar Kit it will help you i believe.
I have it on order and will be the first to try it on a VL. Will definitely give a report. Schmidt Bros are very confident in it working and I may keep my sled for awhile so I decided to take the chance.

BombaPolaYama said:
yam177 said:
I like to freak peopl on and realy lean on the sled and ride past them on one ski..... LOL its my amusement on the trail
And it looks real professional!! As long as it works!! :jump:

LOL I only do it in wide open areas with at least 10 feet between sleds. Wouldn't want to put anyone in a bad sport but the looks are priceless!

BombaPolaYama said:
snofreak500 said:
If you really want some help with ski lift aside from adjusting like some money to make your sled handle better and not lift so much go with the Schmidtbros Sway Bar Kit it will help you i believe.
I have it on order and will be the first to try it on a VL. Will definitely give a report. Schmidt Bros are very confident in it working and I may keep my sled for awhile so I decided to take the chance.

BTW mod sled is getting pieced out I will sell you a used one we tested it for 4 races

Use the brake

In addition to getting the suspension tuned, a trick I use is to tap the brake. When that inside ski starts to come up you can pull it back down with a tap on the brake. When I'm really jammin thru the tight stuff I never take my finger off the brake lever. Sometimes I'm on the throttle and the brake at the same time. The down side is that I can roach a set of brake pads pretty fast.

i am more of a overcome and adapt type rider must be ,

i actually like the front end doing its thing myself, it must scare the hell out of people though, i figure they must back off thinking i am in crash mode haha and that gives me the room to run away lol

i actually lift the ski to miss the bad parts in the trails, that is a good thing imo you just have to get used to it, and once ya do your good to go.

just take it easy and it will come to you no need to learn overnight. it takes years imo think about how much actual seat time ya get before you are off it again, every year ya learn a little more and then ya relearn the next year.

phaze5 said:
i actually lift the ski to miss the bad parts in the trails, that is a good thing imo you just have to get used to it, and once ya do your good to go.

X2 I do this all the time, I always hear about how much it looked like i was going all the way over at the next break spot.

phaze5 said:
kinda like your avy pic lol

lol i was actually trying to turn around to help get my dad unstuck, was not aware there was a ditch...

just take it easy and it will come to you no need to learn overnight. it takes years imo think about how much actual seat time ya get before you are off it again, every year ya learn a little more and then ya relearn the next year.[/quote]

I will agree with you on that. Each year (this being my second) I'm learning and getting better but it can be a little unnerving at times to be taking a fast left hander (or right hand turn)and the left ski lifts and the sled feels like it wants to spit you off. It hasn't actually done that but it will get the heart pumping. I still need to make some of the adjustments to my sled that others have recommended and go out and try it. I'm hoping to do that next weekend.

Back