• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Riders Check Spindle Ovaling Where Ski Mounts

Flyinghigh you must be special I tried to order a spindle kit 2 weeks before you and I haven't even been notified that there in stock that was almost a month ago :(

Last edited:

Does anyone have any experience installing the spindles and/or the steering bushings? The directions I received are quite poor...in fact I am thinking I received only the spindle even though I paid for the steering as well. Would appreciate any help possible on installing what I received. Feel free to PM so we can exchange pics etc. Thank you.

Here's a link to the steering bushings, http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=76976 the spindle kit should be self explanatory. My sleds been layed up for a month now I took my beat spindle bushings out thinking I would have them in a week I though wrong, I have nothing to put back in now, that's what I get for trying to get my sled done early. I still don't understand how you got your stuff when I tried to purchase weeks before you?? Hopefully UP will get back to me before winters through :(.

I dropped off my spindle and steering kits at the dealer today. This will be for a 2014 XTX with 100 miles on it. Based on the 18 pages I have read on the steering kit and this thread I believe this will be the newest sled getting the kit of what I have read. It will be very interesting to hear the dealers response from installing them as they are the largest for hundreds of miles. My service adviser did say that a local ski resort has 2 phazers and has had both of them in 2 times EACH to have the steering bushings replaced...so no question this is an issue.

Actually I hit a rock out the black hills on my first ride. Bent the frame. The sled has been at the shop since waiting for insurance evaluation and parts. They are supposed to start working on it the end of this week now. I figured while they had it all pulled apart would be a good time to replace the bushings and put on some bergstrom skags. Maybe by the time it is finished, there will be some snow here.

Thanks UP! Mine arrived in Far Eastern Canada 8 days after they were picked up.
Now to figure out how to pull apart this sled and get rid of all of this play.

The dealer finished early, said the sled is all ready to go! I pick it up tomorrow...now if we just had some snow.

I dropped off my spindle and steering kits at the dealer today. This will be for a 2014 XTX with 100 miles on it. Based on the 18 pages I have read on the steering kit and this thread I believe this will be the newest sled getting the kit of what I have read. It will be very interesting to hear the dealers response from installing them as they are the largest for hundreds of miles. My service adviser did say that a local ski resort has 2 phazers and has had both of them in 2 times EACH to have the steering bushings replaced...so no question this is an issue.
Covered under warrenty flyinhigh??

I have had other people that had the Dealers install the kits with good feedback as well. Sad it comes to this for the money people spend on these things have fun with tight front end thanks for all the feed back riders.

Back