• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid Components Shortcuts

steiner

Staff member
Had to repair the W arm again. Decided to take a short cut this time and only do a quick repair to it so I can hit the trails this weekend. The arm broke at the transfer rod mount. This is the 3rd time now. Did a quick weld to the break and re installed it.
20180212_203159.jpg

I took the time to snap a few pics on how to install the parts with out removing the skid.
With the shock, tranfer rod and W arm out you will nee to support the rear of the skid. I used a quick strap.
20180217_195045.jpg

Install the W arm first. Get the two top bolts in and then the two lower bolts to the skid. A floor jack to lift the front of the skid makes this easier.
Next is the limiter strap. Jack up the skid more to allow slack to loop the strap in and over the arm and secure the two 10mm bolts. Remember to insure the large washers for the bolts are in place.
20180217_200059.jpg
20180217_200527.jpg

As you can see here the second set of wheels need to be remove to gain access to the lower W arm bolts

Last edited:
Next is the shock. Slide it in thru the large opening of the W arm. Then tilt back and angle up to the rear. Line up the rear bolt and hand tighten. Then line up the front bolt. Pushing the rear arm back and forth with the front of the skid support by the jack will aid in lining up the front mount. The last thing to do is the transfer rod. Install the front bolt. Lower the sled don onto the skid until the rear mount of the transfer rod lines up. Pop in the bolt. Lift the sled up again and tighten all the bolts. I use blue Loctite on all suspension parts.
20180217_201641.jpg
20180217_202708.jpg

Back