• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

skid plate mounting hardware

stinx

Expert
Does anybody know the Part number for the hardware used to mount a skid plate to an attak? I need the threads that you screw into the belly pan. 2 of the 4 in the kit stripped when I installed them. Assanine set up. anybody know an other source to get these inserts? IM sure when I call my two local stealers,they wont have the hardware, but will have no problem telling me to buy another skid plate from them.

SMA-8FA34-MT-KT
That is the # for the 06 Kit. The inserts are available from McMaster Carr or Grainger.
Try a good auto parts store like Napa they should have them.
When you get the new inserts make sure the top of the tool that came with the kit does not get smooshed.
The tool should slide freely on the screw. If it does not you will smoosh the new inserts.
Take a drill bit or a small file and open the hole up so the small bolt that is used to install the inserts slides freely in the tool.
Good luck

I was able to get the hardware at a local auto body shop. I checked my local yamaha dealers and Napa Stores. None had the parts. The autobody shop owner told me that most any auot body shop would have the hardware in standard or metric.

Back