• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid Torque Specs

yamaha06

VIP Member
Does anyone have a diagram with the skid and all the bolts showing what the torque values are for the LTX? Just want to go through the skid and make sure bolts are all still torqued properly.
Thanks

IMG_1697.jpg

Is that available in a pdf or word doc so we can print it out?

I just created an Excel file with this data which I am trying to attach but the system says the file type is not allowed. I tried both an xlsx and an xls file extension. I am new to the forum and have never uploaded a file so I do not know the secrets yet. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saved as a PDF - Little blurry but still can read it.

Attachments

• Torques Specs.pdf
    199.2 KB · Views: 493
I have the service manual and it has that page in there. Some of the service manuals for the dirt bike have an actual picture and arrows pointing to every bolt with a torque spec. That's more of what I was looking for, so it would be for quicker reference. I don't trust that page out of the service manual because it's hard to dictate which bolt there talking about. And it doesn't seem to coincide with some of the torque values in certain sections of the manual. And when you look at the bottom right torque spec for rear shock it says 50NM or 20FtPounds. 50NM is like 37Foot pounds.

I created the attached pdf from the excel file I created. I think that I have everything correct but let me know if I have an error.

Attachments

• Torque Specifications v01.pdf
    86.1 KB · Views: 367
I will add I paint Mark all critical bolts in skid after Loctite and torque. Don’t believe in upsetting loctite just to check bolts.

Looks like a bunch are wrong that say 54Nm.
Foot-pounds
Newton-meters Foot-pounds
51 Nm 37.62 ft-lb
52 Nm 38.35 ft-lb
53 Nm 39.09 ft-lb
54 Nm 39.83 ft-lb

Looks like it was wrong on the Yamaha chart unless I am misreading something. I can update and regenerate if we think that the rest are questionable also. Let me know.

Back