• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

skis

They might since they don't have the really deep keel that the stock ski has, but hard steering is more related to having excess ski pressure and not moving fast enough. Try loosening the limiter straps and/or the ski springs a little. Another easy-steer trick is the ski-shim. On the top of the saddle there is a rubber block. Add a shim to the BACK of the rubber block in order to decrease the tip pressure.

I have a set of Blue C&A Pro Razor skis I am selling because they won't look right on my Apex GT next year. The skis are awsome and I will definately be putting black ones on my new sled next year. I would take $200 shipped for them with the mounting hardware and carbides. The skis only have 400 miles in the UP on them. They are in perfect shape.

My experience with the Simmons is that they are much heavier steering. I took the Powderpros off the sled last week, and put 400 miles on the Simmons this past weekend.

I've got 6" carbides on the Simmons, and 8" Bergstroms on the Powderpros.

Main reason was the darting on the PPs: then I checked alignment (sled has been into dealer twice this year for checks) and found almost 2" toe in... :o| :o| :o| Plus one of the saddle bolts to the carbides through the ski was broken.... Had a little (very) rough trail recently.

The Simmons track real well in s straight line, sled feels like it is on rails. They work better than stock in the corners as well.

But...

I really think the Powderpros push less, especially in loose conditions or sloppy snow. In fact, in 4 - 6 inches of new snow on a trail, the PPs seem to balance the front and back very nicely, the Warrior is all over an 04 RX1 with Simmons and M10 in these conditions.

And the PPS seem to steer a bit easier. Of course, last weekend was spring riding so may not be a good test. I may put the Powderpros back on Friday with new Bergstrom triple carbides, and take the sled for a last ride up in Quebec or Pittsburg, Nh.

This is on a Warrior. I've got the transfer rods set for minimum transfer.

If I go to an Attak or GT, I'll probably put the PPs on the Warrior, add 3" of foam to the seat and keep it for a guest sled. Will try the Simmons on the Attak, as supposedly I won't need as much ski pressure to run flat and reduce push.

Zook - I wouldn't hesitate to try em. I put those on the wife's mxz and they worked very well. She put 11,000 miles on em without a hitch. In fact we just ordered her an 06 Vector and have already picked up a set of them for that one. QCRider rode her mxz the last day she had it and got off and said "I have never ridden a sled that goes that straight".
I know I can make the Vector do the same. I considered the Simmons too but after talking with the guy that sells them deciced to go with the precision skis.

I think I will give them a try next year, I have put on my last 150 mi for the yearyesterday. Can't wait till next season.

I road 4500 mi with them on my 03 and loved them. The funny thing was that in 04 I hated them on my rev 600SDI, they pushed bad on that sled. I haven't put them on my 05 RX, but I didn't ride much this year. If there are deals around on old inventory, I'd be interested.

Even once the old inventory is gone you will still be able to get them. You will have to get them in Canada. They will still be for sale there just not in the states.

The whole thing with the simmons skis and ski-doo skis. They can't sell them any more in the US. Ski-doo had to change there skis. Simmons won the law suit and got money for all of the sleds sold in the US.

Go with the Simmons. Trust us. You may like the Precision skis over stock, but if you have riden in much powder or slushy conditions, the Simmons can't be beat.

Back