• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled allocation 24

Good point I was fairly animated ;), To his credit Jaret reached out to me and looked into things, that is top shelf in my books. I am glad I am getting my 2023 (on route), I can't handle the stress of trying to get a 2024 LOL
This wasn't directed at just you. There have been alot of people attacking Yamaha/Jaret on here. But awesome that he reached out and you are happy. Hope you get it soon.

You think its Artic Cat thats the problem??? Why do you think that ??? Is this what your dealer told you ???
Because
Forgive my misunderstanding, but I think your telling me that Yamaha has a set contract for Cat to build only so many sleds and when Yamaha wanted more built Cat declined last year . Now this year your saying Cat is building sleds for Ski-Doo indirectly because of the lost lawsuit which they are now paying ??? Is this what your saying ????
i don’t know if it has anything to do the lawsuit or all know is that they can only buy some many sleds that cat will only give them so much time on the line. If you look at ski doo 23 model an look at the small sled you will see that it is a cat with Yamaha engine an is yellow in colour.

How can we place an order when we don't even know what the choices are? How long after the release does online ordering starts?

@mooser17

Had another look at the pic, clearly shows power steering but very subtle in the sticker and to manipulate picture so it showed up.

1678635201930.png

the 23 srx in Ontario won’t last long , I bought one last week & 2 others in my group bought srx s today , to be delivered later this week.
After I told them the power steering will make everything else obsolete they panicked . Lol

the 23 srx in Ontario won’t last long , I bought one last week & 2 others in my group bought srx s today , to be delivered later this week.
After I told them the power steering will make everything else obsolete they panicked . Lol
They’ve been available for over a month now. It was very tempting last time at the dealer. A friend of a friend is in his mid 60s, has 22 Le power steering and he was the fastest guy in the group by far. Seems like power steering is the real deal.

They’ve been available for over a month now. It was very tempting last time at the dealer. A friend of a friend is in his mid 60s, has 22 Le power steering and he was the fastest guy in the group by far. Seems like power steering is the real deal.

It is the cats meow....

Riding it is the easiest thing ever. I have a very easy steering 17 with BOP arms and SnowTrackers, you'll never get easier than that on a non EPS sled, and the EPS is easier by quite a fair margin at slower speeds, its pretty slick on how nice it is and how light the machine feels. Fact is it feels about 150 lbs. lighter I'd say, lighter than a 600 even. I think it's going to spoil us, in fact I know it will.

Love my 17 and also the 23. Both are awesome, but the 17 is much-much quicker and faster......

Last edited:
People want what they can’t have an it makes them want it more… When your product is overpriced their strategy is make it scarce to create a market share… Is this what they been doing???
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Primarily left hand controls were holding up the Sidewinders from shipping. Nothing to do with Procross/SRV/Catalyst...supply chain has not fully recovered from the pandemic and we are still experiencing unexpected shortages at times.
Jaret, it’s fantastic you’re a part of this site. And Im a second generation Yamaha rider. My father has been die hard since 72 and I’ve been on them since too. Had some cats in middle till I was ready for a 600 (guess that’s same thing now? Lol).

Anyway here is my reasons polaris is next on my list for a 25 maybe a 26 purchace. When Polaris and skidoo released their turbo sleds they were insanely priced. However since 2012 their chassis have been refined 3-4 times since. They have things like a 7 or 10” color touch screen gps with blue tooth, multiple track choices, tunnel spindle an panel colors and chassis are lightened 30-50lbs less than the procross. They have updated their motors several times too. Yamaha just raised their price to match, gave none of the nonsense that I don’t need from the other brands. But if paying for it….. I want it. I’ve backed blue for the past 3-4 years with some solid reasoning, but I’m out. I wanted an srx last season. My dealer was forced out 2 years ago so I need to find a new one. But yamaha allowed me 2 hours (we were riding that day so -5 hours) to place an order online without knowing price dealer was going to charge. Also not knowing if dealer was getting any or talking to any of these new dealers to know how into sleds they are. So I bought a new wrap for mine, “new sidewinder” and now they get uglier, and way over priced for tooling and products that are paid for design wise over and over 5-10-15 years now. If you’re charging the same as doo and poo you need to offer more than a similar performance front suspension a mediocre makes do but behind the times rear suspension, a gauge package from the 90’s, chassis balance from early 2000’s and a great motor that could be refined to be ton better with running changes, a chaincase that has had the same issues since 2014, a clutch that granades, cross shaft for center shock that oblongs holes in the rails when the bolt stretches slightly, a cross shaft that can’t take the beating and bends to beat odd the track, upper mounting cross shaft that bends and buckles the tunnel, a bearing that spins on the track shaft because the shaft tolerance window is to large or speced improperly. Shal I continue or do you get the point? This as a 18-19k sled was even pushing it but could understand when cutting edge was 22. Now it’s same price and the viper (16year old sled really) is 18k. I’m sickened.

Jaret, it’s fantastic you’re a part of this site. And Im a second generation Yamaha rider. My father has been die hard since 72 and I’ve been on them since too. Had some cats in middle till I was ready for a 600 (guess that’s same thing now? Lol).

Anyway here is my reasons polaris is next on my list for a 25 maybe a 26 purchace. When Polaris and skidoo released their turbo sleds they were insanely priced. However since 2012 their chassis have been refined 3-4 times since. They have things like a 7 or 10” color touch screen gps with blue tooth, multiple track choices, tunnel spindle an panel colors and chassis are lightened 30-50lbs less than the procross. They have updated their motors several times too. Yamaha just raised their price to match, gave none of the nonsense that I don’t need from the other brands. But if paying for it….. I want it. I’ve backed blue for the past 3-4 years with some solid reasoning, but I’m out. I wanted an srx last season. My dealer was forced out 2 years ago so I need to find a new one. But yamaha allowed me 2 hours (we were riding that day so -5 hours) to place an order online without knowing price dealer was going to charge. Also not knowing if dealer was getting any or talking to any of these new dealers to know how into sleds they are. So I bought a new wrap for mine, “new sidewinder” and now they get uglier, and way over priced for tooling and products that are paid for design wise over and over 5-10-15 years now. If you’re charging the same as doo and poo you need to offer more than a similar performance front suspension a mediocre makes do but behind the times rear suspension, a gauge package from the 90’s, chassis balance from early 2000’s and a great motor that could be refined to be ton better with running changes, a chaincase that has had the same issues since 2014, a clutch that granades, cross shaft for center shock that oblongs holes in the rails when the bolt stretches slightly, a cross shaft that can’t take the beating and bends to beat odd the track, upper mounting cross shaft that bends and buckles the tunnel, a bearing that spins on the track shaft because the shaft tolerance window is to large or speced improperly. Shal I continue or do you get the point? This as a 18-19k sled was even pushing it but could understand when cutting edge was 22. Now it’s same price and the viper (16year old sled really) is 18k. I’m sickened.
Well said. And to top it all off people are paying MSRP and 700 freight and fees up the a$$.. The whole thing is a total screw job

Well said. And to top it all off people are paying MSRP and 700 freight and fees up the a$$.. The whole thing is a total screw job
This is not meant to be a bash. Jaret, I'm in business for myself on obviously a micro scale comparatively, and we can all see you were thrown into a tough unfair situation and must make the best of it along with your marketing coordinator. I love that you have a passion for snowmobiling even highlighting your new/old srx. That is awesome as I have just redone a 2002 viper to pay homage for that era. However, one can not even compare the announcements by the vendors in the past few years. For the big two its an event. The VP's of marketing, strategy, engineering and some rider celebrities all take part in sending a message of pride, confidence, stability, innovation which in the world of marketing translates into sales.

I am a diehard Yamaha person because when I purchased my first new sled a 1996 Vmax XT 600, it fit me well, it was high quality for the era and represented (with all of the other offerings ) the Yamaha brand well. That said , I understand the pressure of company goals, supply chain, costs, market share, focusing on successful lines of business and the need to make money after all. But, if Yamaha corporate doesn't think their lack of interest in this segment doesn't have an impact on sales of other products they are missing it. When you lose us to another brand in this sport, we are now exposed to other items like atvs, SxS, motorcycles boats etc., which common sense dictates, we have a propensity to buy, if our experience buying a sled with that brand went well.

For me I actually like the pro cross chassis for my height, weight and riding style. My frustration if any, is that refinements on the chassis from its inception until now have been few and infrequent and not real game changers. After all, is the ski doo chassis that much different than it was 10 or more years ago? Has polaris really changes all that much since going back to a traditional tunnnel? Sure it changed over that time but it was a steady series of changes year after year that kept it fresh even if much of it was marketing hype and bells and whistles and still the pro cross holds its own. Noticed alot of of sidewinders in the trails this winter. Yet, it seems the writing is on the wall, which for me sucks but if there is a sliver of hope maybe take the catalyst in blue with a 998 some how wedged in a slightly wider version like ski doo did with its 1200. Give us something.

Jaret, I wish you well. Keep communicating the feelings of the folks using this site and never quit trying to get decision makers more engaged in snowmobiling. If not we will be down to just three and maybe even two manufacturers.

This is not meant to be a bash. Jaret, I'm in business for myself on obviously a micro scale comparatively, and we can all see you were thrown into a tough unfair situation and must make the best of it along with your marketing coordinator. I love that you have a passion for snowmobiling even highlighting your new/old srx. That is awesome as I have just redone a 2002 viper to pay homage for that era. However, one can not even compare the announcements by the vendors in the past few years. For the big two its an event. The VP's of marketing, strategy, engineering and some rider celebrities all take part in sending a message of pride, confidence, stability, innovation which in the world of marketing translates into sales.

I am a diehard Yamaha person because when I purchased my first new sled a 1996 Vmax XT 600, it fit me well, it was high quality for the era and represented (with all of the other offerings ) the Yamaha brand well. That said , I understand the pressure of company goals, supply chain, costs, market share, focusing on successful lines of business and the need to make money after all. But, if Yamaha corporate doesn't think their lack of interest in this segment doesn't have an impact on sales of other products they are missing it. When you lose us to another brand in this sport, we are now exposed to other items like atvs, SxS, motorcycles boats etc., which common sense dictates, we have a propensity to buy, if our experience buying a sled with that brand went well.

For me I actually like the pro cross chassis for my height, weight and riding style. My frustration if any, is that refinements on the chassis from its inception until now have been few and infrequent and not real game changers. After all, is the ski doo chassis that much different than it was 10 or more years ago? Has polaris really changes all that much since going back to a traditional tunnnel? Sure it changed over that time but it was a steady series of changes year after year that kept it fresh even if much of it was marketing hype and bells and whistles and still the pro cross holds its own. Noticed alot of of sidewinders in the trails this winter. Yet, it seems the writing is on the wall, which for me sucks but if there is a sliver of hope maybe take the catalyst in blue with a 998 some how wedged in a slightly wider version like ski doo did with its 1200. Give us something.

Jaret, I wish you well. Keep communicating the feelings of the folks using this site and never quit trying to get decision makers more engaged in snowmobiling. If not we will be down to just three and maybe even two manufacturers.
All very good points, but it seems we are depending and waiting on Cat to give Yamaha something new so we can paint it blue, really doesn't make sense, just buy a Cat, why couldn't Yamaha give us a new cutting edge chassis for the 998T, that would work.

Back